We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20th Anniversary planning help

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
649 posts
Save Topic
20th Anniversary planning help

Hubby and I have decided that we want to go to Anguilla next June for our anniversary. Neither of us have ever been. We have been travelling to Turks and Caicos for the last 5 years, and will be foregoing our annual family trip for Anguilla sans children. Although I am sad to not go to TCI next year, I am excited to try something new.

However, I have no idea where to start, so would love some suggestions on lodging. We are not big resort people, and usually rent a house on North Caicos. For this trip we do want to stay on the beach, and would like a romantic smaller resort. Cap Juluca looks lovely to me, but would love to hear other suggestions. Also, how far in advance does a person need to book? We will likely go mid-late June 2015.

Thanks for any input and ideas.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,813 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20th Anniversary planning help

First, June is Low Season so resorts are rarely completely booked. That said, when you finely decide on your travel dates and accommodations why would you delay making your reservations?

Without knowing your budget it's difficult to make suggestions. If you like Cap Juluca you might also want to check out Cusinart, Viceroy or Frangipani.

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
649 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 20th Anniversary planning help

Thanks CaribSurfer...we will definitely be booking soon, I just didn't know if one had to book a year in advance.

Regarding budget...we will likely stay a week and shoot for $500-1000/night for lodging. We do want to be beachfront and would like somewhere that has a a kitchenette so we can have breakfasts in the room.

I will definitely check out your other suggestions.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,572 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 20th Anniversary planning help

I think Frangipani would be perfect for you, contact them, tell them what you want and book now so you can get the perfect room for your special occasion.

Happy planning.

Ellen

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,471 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 20th Anniversary planning help

I completely agree with Ellen. Frangi has your name on it.

Mystic, CT
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 20th Anniversary planning help

I love both Cap Juluca and Frangipani. Cap is more romantic, and the patios and balconies are very private. They do not have kitchens, but room service continental breakfast is included. At Frangipani, you can get a kitchen. You won't have the privacy there, but it's a great place.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 20th Anniversary planning help

Cap Juluca is amazing and very romantic as is Viceroy (however Viceroy is a very large resort) but if you are used to the sleepy life on North Caicos I would suggest Meads Bay Beach Villas. It is a tiny complex of just 4 villas with a private pool right on Meads Bay. myanguillavacation.com/anguilla-resorts/…

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
649 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 20th Anniversary planning help

Thank you...Meads Bay Villas look so nice. It's funny because I told my husband that maybe we should stay somewhere different than we usually do....at more of a resort. Then I show him the Meads Bay Villas site and he says that is more our style. As much as Cap Juluca looks romantic, I really think I want a kitchen area. I like to make our own drinks and have the option for snacks and breakfast, since we are used to renting a house.

So now to decide between that and Frangipani. What about location to restaurants? Do either have a better location regarding beaches?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,572 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 20th Anniversary planning help

They are next door to each other on Mead's Bay.

Ellen

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
9,572 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 20th Anniversary planning help

PS: If you are looking for a non resort, then also take a look at Blue Waters, Carimar, Turtles Nest and Shoal Bay Villas, they are all ocean front whereas MBV are not all ocean front.

Happy Planning.

Ellen

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
649 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 20th Anniversary planning help

Thank you Ellen...now I have more to research ;) It's so much easier when you go to the same place for vacation every year, but it will be fun to explore somewhere new.