We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will the planes fly??

Which The Valley hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Will the planes fly??

Oh boy..worries worries..will the little planes fly in 25 knots of wind? They do in Bonaire but not sure in AXA

www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=209023

Anguilla
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Will the planes fly??

We'll find out! Plenty of jets and planes landing at the airport throughout today---people arriving I've assumed for Thanksgiving week. I do hope as the high winds and weather worsen it won't put a damper on this week that's traditionally been the big bang of the beginning of the tourist season. We certainly don't need that! We need a boost.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will the planes fly??

We made it..and I LOVED Anguilla Air Services. Carl and team were wonderful...8 minutes..a bit bumpy but the same as Divi Air from Curacao to Bonaire..easy peasy..Maggie arrives on the 3:30 flight...

Anguilla
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Will the planes fly??

I hope the rest of your trip goes as smoothly.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will the planes fly??

RR, it was blowing +25 and the plane landed safely today with my kiddo..yaa...

Anguilla
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Will the planes fly??

Excellent! I'm glad the weather is going to be nice for y'all to enjoy this week!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will the planes fly??

Thanks RR..Shoal Bay West was lovely..had a nice lunch at TT and LOVE Magda the waitress...then went to Davida in search of an easy entry for Mom..no such luck..the drop is hard for her..she is too proud to take our help easily.

Anguilla
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Will the planes fly??

Oh dear... Yes... Crocus has a rough entry into the water.

I'm hearing the water is rough all the way around the island, but have a friend who goes swimming at Rendezvous Bay every morning, so you might want to check that out. There is beach access on the road to Anguilla Great House, or you could park at Cuisenart, enjoy a fresh lunch there, then go down to the beach.

Alternatively (and maybe your safest bet), go to Maunday's Bay, which is the beach Cap Juluca is on. You can park at CJ. Keep left inside the guard house and you will see the public parking. We used to be able to have lunch at Blue and rent two chairs and an umbrella for $50, but I have heard they've stopped allowing that. (Note that the chairs at Cuisenart are for the exclusive use of their guests also.)

ALL BEACHES ARE PUBLIC, so don't feel in any way you are "intruding." There are trees that provide nice shade at the eastern end of the beach nearest Pimms which is quite a distance from the guest lounges, so if you're okay with sitting on beach towels on the sand, feel quite free.

8. Re: Will the planes fly??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2011, 06:40
Get answers to your questions about The Valley
Recent Conversations