We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

Pepperell...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

Planning a late February 2014 trip, Excited to try Chocolat sail tour. I have read about warnings to check weather first. Does anybody know if the boat books up fast? Should I Book now? or wait till we arrive? we have 6 in our group.

Any feedback or tips would be appreciated. Can't wait to be back in Anguilla!!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

I would book now since the trip is restricted to twelve people. It can fill quickly. If the weather is bad, they will postpone to another day. We are going to Anguilla in April and booked two months ago since we have a group of ten and wanted to go as a complete group. Better safe than sorry.

Edited: 07 January 2014, 14:06
Mystic, CT
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, The Valley
Level Contributor
2,876 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

I would contact him in advance since you have a large party. He will probably take the reservation, but advise that operation is dependent upon weather. Have fun - it's a great way to spend the day!

Pepperell...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

Thanks for the helpful information. I will book this week,

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

Definitely book now. This coming February will be our 7th trip to Anguilla, and our day on the Chocolat with Captain Rollins is by far my favorite day of our vacation. And yes, we have been out with him each and every trip!

As amazing as Anguilla is, that really IS saying something!!!

Make sure when you get to Prickly Pear that you ask Alan for the sugar to feed the birds (he keeps a cup of it behind the bar). Hold it in your hands and away from your body, and the birds come right down and snack while they perch on your hands!

You'll love it!

Uni

Pepperell...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

Thanks for the reply. We are really excited to go on chocolat !

Look forward to meeting Alan and feeding the Birds

Thanks for the tip

Boston
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

You're very welcome!

Enjoy!

Uni

Milano
Level Contributor
9,869 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

Weston2014 we are mid march now.

What about your Chocolate trip?

We are dealing with the same doubt: book now or when on location?

We are going end of April (I understand not a peak season) and we are just two. Sea sick is something I'm very concerned with: a terrific trip can become a nightmare in case of rough conditions.

Worth risking and wait being there?

Is there any reliable sea forecast web site we can check a few days before leaving?

Thanks.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

Chocolat doesn't go out if the seas are rocky. We are going the middle of April and have been booked for several months now. Didn't want to take any chances on missing out on a great day during a limited time on Anguilla.

Pepperell...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

We just got back from Anguila and loved our trip.

As was recommended to us we did book chocolat in advance and were very glad that we did. His sail boat was full that day. (one couple on the boat said they tried several days to get on but it was full the previous three days.)

So yes I would definatly book in advance it is well worth it! We had a blast. If you like to snorkel it is really good at prickly pear. The meal that is provided was really delicious.

I wouldn't worry to much about sea sickness, one of our guests was a little nervous, but she did fine. If you can handle the ferry ride from St. Maartin(it is far worse) you shouldn't have any trouble.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Milano
Level Contributor
9,869 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: chocolat, should I Book in Advance?

Thank you both for your suggestion. I will definitely book in advance.

Get answers to your questions about The Valley
Recent Conversations