We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cove Restaurant

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
The Cove Restaurant

I need to know how dressy you can dress for a dinner @ this restaurant? I know hubbie will wear khakis and a button up shirt (or jacket need be) w/ loufers. Can I wear a halter tie dress(has a jewel accent @ the bodice w/ a "sharkbite" hemline (torn looking) and dressy sandals and not be out of place? I bought this really cute dress and have nowhere to wear it other than vacation to Antigua in June. Will this be appropriate attire for us both and we will not be out of place? I really want to have an upscale experience together and have some awesome views, great food and pictures. I know you experts can help! I'll be standing by!! ;) If not this restaurant then where? We really love a great harbor/ocean view w/ the sun setting to enjoy.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Cove Restaurant

Your dress sounds both lovely and appropriate, and sandals are always fine.

Even the "dressier" places in Antigua don't require gentlemen to wear jackets, although many require long pants. The khakis are fine, and he can wear a golf-type shirt instead of the button-up shirt.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Cove Restaurant

Hi Cessna

Is this true of the Pavillion? I thought a jacket was required.

Best wishes - Mun

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Cove Restaurant

The Pavillion is actually the only place I can think of on the island that requires a jacket ----I know Curtain Bluff used to but someone told me that even they don't anymore.

I've even seen men at Le Bistro in shorts, in spite of the fact that Phillippa is always wearing a gown.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Cove Restaurant

Thank you Cessna! As usual you are always helpful and curteous! :)

5. Re: The Cove Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2007, 20:49
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Cove Restaurant

Knowabit

I did not post this message to prove Cessna wrong it was just a comment.

Cessna has a long and detailed knowledge of Antigua that most of us do not have, everyone who regulaly posts has a different take on Antigua, thats what makes it interesting, most vacationers do not go to the Pavillion.

Do you think it is about time to lower the attack level and stick to good quality advice.

Wishing you and everyone great reading and even greater posting.

Best wishes to all - Mun

UK
Level Contributor
987 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Cove Restaurant

Hear hear - well said Mun

Cessna and Mun along the other regular posters / experts such as Terry and Steve offer some great advice and are a fabulous source of info ..they might not always agree but that is what makes their posts so informative .

illinois
Level Contributor
568 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Cove Restaurant

Thank-you to Munn and Cessna, I am new to the Antigua forum, and always look forward to their opinions and thoughts, they are enjoyable to learn from and never find them critical to other contributors. Even if some of ask the same old question, they have answered a hundred times ..Or see favortism to certain areas and resorts, unless they say so...that its one of their favorite places, but they dont tell you what to do... They have definetly assisted us with their responses and helped us to come and visit Antigua for the first time.... thanks again

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Cove Restaurant

Know a little bit.

Please get off your soapbox. We here don't really care if you don't like Cessnapilot. Get over it and move on. Please please for all us here I beg you. It's like a broken record. I just read the same comment by you on another thread. If anyone is mistaken about something, they are generally quickly and nicely corrected.

A

10. Re: The Cove Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 09:19