We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

london
2 posts
Save Topic
car hire

does any one know any cheap but safe car hire in antigua.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

When people ask about efficient car hire I always recommend Titi. We use him when we have guests who need a car and he is always good IMO

antiguanice.com/titi_rent_a_car/index.html

Email or phone Eileen his very efficient PA to ask any questions. At the moment it is hectic here with race week so give him a day or so to answer.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

I still say that car hire in Antigua is a bit like the airlines in the U.S.-----you have to keep looking for the best "fare", and occasionally you'll get a truly extraordinary deal. Or at least a better-than-average one.

I just (less than one month ago) hired a car for my son and his family. My original reservation-price was a thrifty $U.S. 37.50/day. At the time I made the reservation (in early March, I think) this was an INCREDIBLE deal, as the next-closest price was about $U.S.45/day. I found the rate from Avis, on their website---they were running a special. I had looked for a few days at the various car-sites, and snatched the best price when I saw it. Just as one would for an airfare.

The day he picked up the car, there was a very long delay at the airport----truly awful, he had to wait over two hours. To compensate for the wait, Avis knocked off another 20% from the rental fee! So the car ended up being about $U.S.30 per day.

3. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 14:22
Get answers to your questions about Antigua
Recent Conversations