We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Test match cricket

Exeter
Level Contributor
157 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Test match cricket

I am in Antigua during February and am hoping to get a look at the test Match on a couple of days.

You don't appera to be able to buy tickets for individual days in the UK so I was wondering what is the situation on the ground in Antigua.

I pass by the stadium on route from airport to hotel. Can I buy ticket from the ground on the way past or are they on sale somewhere else?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Test match cricket

General consensus appears to be you can roll up on the day and pay on the gate - that's what I'll be doing.

If you do want to get tickets beforehand, the WICB website indicates you may be able to get tickets at the box office.

ANTIGUA TICKET OFFICE

Opening hours 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Old Parham Road, St. John's, Antigua

Tel: 1-268-460-9966

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Test match cricket

That's what I'm doing too.

West Mids
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Test match cricket

Think we will be doing that also but I wanted to check you can as didn't want to get there and not be able to get ticket.

Anyone done it before (just turned up and paid) ?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Test match cricket

The ground holds 18 thousand - unlikely to be sold out.I would just turn up on the day and buy the tickets there.

UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Test match cricket

We have bought for all 5 days in advance but don't intend going to all five so if anyone is staying at the Crowne Plaza antigua beach resort I'd be happy to meet up and sell for a couple of days. Face value no touting.

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Test match cricket

I would definitely buy at the ground.So many England fans got ripped off previously,I should imagine a lot less will be there this time, so you should get in easily.

I wouldn`t advise buying from the ticket office in St. Johns unless you fancy queuing in the hot sun for a couple of hours.

The other benefit of buying at the ground is that you can pick your day, because you can reckon that at least one day will be seriously affected by rain in my experience.

Have a good day and don`t forget to jive to the music!

brentwood
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Test match cricket

There are 12 of us staying arriving at Jolly Beach from 9th feb. We arranged 3 day tickets through hotel for £50 each, but you can prob get them cheaper out there

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Test match cricket

I also get there on the 9th Feb.

Exeter
Level Contributor
157 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Test match cricket

I am also staying at the Jolly Beach.

Who did you contact and by what means (phone, e-mail?)

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Test match cricket

I've sent you a PM on the BarmyArmy site fella.

How many of you are going out to Antigua?