We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hot weather in november

england
1 post
Save Topic
hot weather in november

Can anyone advise where is a good place to go for long sunshine hours and hot weather in November?

We were thinking maybe bahamas/antigua?

Cedar Valley...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hot weather in november

Considering that Antigua is usually a dry island, Antigua is a good choice. The Bahamas are more northerly than us so our temperature doesn't vary as much as it does for them and stays warmer through the "colder" months.

I would pick Antigua... then again I live here, so my opinion may be a bit biased.

;-)

Adam

antigua
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hot weather in november

ave day time tem in nov is about 84 and night will be 75 or so. antigua is way further south that bahamas and gets the cold front effects that come off the east coast. way cooler in nov in bahamas.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hot weather in november

Antigua's temps do not vary much. The average high temp in July is 87F; the average high temp in January is 84F. Average lows are similar, hovering in the 75F range.

You will have about 12 hours of daylight in Antigua in November. I am not sure about the Bahamas.

Rainfall is more of an issue. Late November is usually OK, however if it is a late hurricane season it can be more rainy than later months. The later in November you are traveling, the better.

Bahamas are in such a different latitude....more like southern Florida weather than Caribbean.

4. Re: hot weather in november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2010, 07:16