We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verandah Resort - What's close? What to do?

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Verandah Resort - What's close? What to do?

Hithere everybody.....I am from toronto, ontario canada and I would like some insider info about the Verandah Resort.

First should I stay there? What is there to do? Can we take tours from the Verandah? Are they way overpriced? Is the food good/great? etc etc

Beach....is it good? Can we find shade, even if its under the trees?

I know questions, questions...Just want to know if I am picking the right resort.

Thanks in advance

K

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verandah Resort - What's close? What to do?

Verandah has the usual stuff to do that most Antigua resorts do-----their beach has watersports (sea kayaks, Hobie Cats, paddle boats), there is a pool, etc. They offer plenty of tours (not run by the resort, but fine).

There is nothing nearby "to do" other than perhaps walking to explore Devil's Bridge and the local area.

There is plenty of shade on the man-made beaches---some from trees and some from awnings put up by the resort.

From a long-time Antiguan's point of view, I think the beach is awful. I also think the food is bloody awful, but many people on this forum disagree.

I have seen Verandah overpriced, and I have also seen some incredible deals. So I think you just have to get the best quote you can, compare it to other places, and decide what attributes are most important!

2. Re: Verandah Resort - What's close? What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2010, 05:21