We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So confused Sugar Ridge or Cocos Hote??? Help Please

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
So confused Sugar Ridge or Cocos Hote??? Help Please

Sugar ridge is brand new and very modern. But only found 2 reviews. Whereas, Cocos Hotel has many reviews. And all positive. So confused! I like Cocos but they have rustic rooms but it's so close to the beach and more activities. As for Sugar ridge, I believe theres no entertainment. help please =(

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So confused Sugar Ridge or Cocos Hote??? Help Please

Other than being in the same area, the two aren't really comparable. Cocos is small, intimate, excellent value, but yes, I suppose the cottages are a little rustic - though most find them absolutely charming. The beachside location is lovely, as is the beach bar. You can walk down along the beach past Jolly Beach Resort - and lots of activities and watersports if you are interested, and on to Jolly Harbour Marina, with its shops, banks, supermarket and commercial centre.

Sugar Ridge is much brasher, very modern 'boutique' feel, and The landscaping is far from finished, but I'm sure will be to the same high standard of the rest of the property. However, it stands on the hillside above Lignumvitae Bay, and whilst the view is gorgeous, you do have to get across the road to the beach. There is a shuttle, but I never think that's totally convenient. It's not a hard walk to the beach, but is uphill all the way back!

So if you want a beach holiday, and probably a bit more for your money, Cocos. If you want more luxury, and more of a poolside experience, then Sugar Ridge would be good.

I won't throw any other lovely resorts into the mix to make it worse!

philadelphia
Level Contributor
743 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So confused Sugar Ridge or Cocos Hote??? Help Please

...and the longer you wait to book, the least available either one will be to get a room! ok, exotic13, ....let's try this. I go to Sugar Ridge next Wednesday; i'd be more than happy to post my review a.s.a.p. when i get back to help you decide. When are you planning to visit antigua?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: So confused Sugar Ridge or Cocos Hote??? Help Please

Thanks mizgeorge! You've been very helpful. You do have a point...basically do I want a modern, luxury poolside experience or more of a beach side experience. Yes it is confusing! I actually would love to book it by Sat. But thanks for your insights!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: So confused Sugar Ridge or Cocos Hote??? Help Please

Beachlover..thanks! I am looking to go in the first week of March. And I would like to book by this weekend. Thanks for the offer. Did you opt for all-inclusive or just breakfast?

philadelphia
Level Contributor
743 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So confused Sugar Ridge or Cocos Hote??? Help Please

we opted for just breakfast; we like to explore some of the local eateries when we travel and not just stay at the resort

6. Re: So confused Sugar Ridge or Cocos Hote??? Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2010, 05:17