We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jolly Beach vs Grand Pineapple

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Jolly Beach vs Grand Pineapple

Hi Guys,

I have great deals on both and torn between the two! Can you guys help answer the following to help me choose?

1. Where are they located?

2. Which is "on" (not "near") the better beach? I.e. more turquoise water? Better sand?

3. Better hotel standard/cleanliness etc?

Any other opinions etc are also welcomed! Need as much help as possible guys, thanks :).

TD

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jolly Beach vs Grand Pineapple

Jolly Beach wins hands down for me on the beach and sea beautiful long wide white sandy beach and the colour of the sea is stunning, the food is ok in the buffet and the italian and indian are nice but not much choice on the menu but if you do get bored with the food choice or just fancy a change you have the added bonus of bars and restaurants in jolly harbour which is only a couple of mins walk away

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jolly Beach vs Grand Pineapple

Thanks for your reply Kelly.

My concerns are the amount of rooms in Jolly Beach compared to other hotels in Antigua. I think its the largest capacity right? And I've seen reviews where guests have had trouble getting deck chairs on the beach due to overcrowding etc.

Have you also stayed at GPB?

Appreciate any and all help guys :)

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jolly Beach vs Grand Pineapple

No i have never stayed at GPR but have seen it and i would say its very comparable to Jolly Beach, you would never have trouble getting a spot on jolly beach as its so huge and we have never had trouble with beds round the pool either, what time of year are you going ???

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jolly Beach vs Grand Pineapple

I'm going on November 24th for 10 nights.

All I'm looking for are clean, pleasant enough rooms, preferably with a sea view but more importantly the very best in beachness! I.e. white sand, turquoise waters and refreshments nearby.

Also.. I've seen good reviews for both Jolly Beach (the actual beach) and Pineapple Beach (the actual beach), but confused as Jolly Beach is on the Caribbean side and Pineapple Beach is on the Atlantic side, so surely Jolly Beach should win hands down, no?

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jolly Beach vs Grand Pineapple

That time of year will be fairly quiet and the hotel will no way be full at all so no probs with sunbeds round the pool or on the beach, the beach for me does win hands down and definately sounds like what you are looking for the pool is steps away from the beach as is the bar and poolside snack bar, the rooms although some of them small are perfectly clean and nearly all have sea views as the hotel is practically on the beach, im sure someone will be along soon with views on GPB but for me there is no contest JBR all day long

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
95 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jolly Beach vs Grand Pineapple

Jolly beach is the best beach, the carribean sea is so much nicer than the atlantic and Jolly beach is absolutely beautiful. Can't say about hotel rooms because we stayed in The suites at Jolly beach. But the food and facilties of JBR were all good and the staff were great. Birds on the tables if you sit outside, no problem as long as you leave someone sat at your table and take it in turns to go for food. If you leave your table the birds will come and help themselves!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jolly Beach vs Grand Pineapple

I have stayed at both. Jolly Beach April 2009 and Grand Pineapple in 2000. I actually got married at GPB.

The management may have changed at GPB since I stayed there and things may have changed.

Jolly Beach had much better food. The beach at Jolly Beach was nice, but when I was there they had a lot of crushed shells that had washed up on the beach. It was a little hard on your feet, but you only had to step over a small area of them to get into the water. I thought the beach at Pineapple's was fine.

The rooms were bad at both resorts.

The only thing I liked better was being at Jolly Beach you can catch catamarans right from the beach to go on various trips. If you stay at Pineapple you will have to drive over to Sandals or some place like that.

Also, I did like the option to walk over to Jolly Harbor. It was something to do that was literally across the street. Pineapple is more isolated. There isn't anything to see or do close by. Devil's Bridge is nearby but completed over rated.

Good Luck.

8. Re: Jolly Beach vs Grand Pineapple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Antigua
Recent Conversations