We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galley Bay Resort????????

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Galley Bay Resort????????

I've just been reading and looking at photos for Galley Bay Resort. It's looks like it's close to St. John...not sure how close though.

Would appreciate any other input about this resort. Looks very nice and the beach looks wonderful too.

Highland Village...
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galley Bay Resort????????

Hi, Galley Bay is our all-time favorite resort and we've been to quite a few. Peaceful, long gorgeous beach you practically have to yourself, very lush and tropical, romantic. If you click on my screen name you will get lots of my postings on GB with all kinds of info. I have also been to St. John and I guess there are some similarities to Antigua in that the beaches are very nice and the water turquoise, and the beaches are "cove-type" beaches rather than long stretches for miles such as in Grand Cayman, Aruba, Turks & Caicos. Even though all beaches in Antigua are public, GB is very private because the resort encompasses the entire beach so not many others make the trek. Overall, St. John is a more Americanized and upscale island and it is easier to get around to all the cute restaurants and beach bars in Cruz Bay. Antigua is more spread out and most of the resorts are either all-inclusive or offer an AI option -- we drive around Antigua lots in the daytime but I wouldn't really want to do it much at night, the roads are not great. If you go to Antigua, be sure to take a circumnavigation catamaran trip around the island, it's a great way to see it. We like Antigua and the people and we love Galley Bay!

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,782 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galley Bay Resort????????

If you're looking for the distance from the resort to St Johns (the capital city), then 10/15 minutes by taxi, depending on traffic, and which end of town you need to reach.

Highland Village...
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galley Bay Resort????????

Okay, now I have to apologize, I thought you were asking how like the island of St. John it was, rather than if it is near the city of St. John's, that's what I get for reading these so early in the a.m. :)

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galley Bay Resort????????

Thank you for your replys. Never been to St. John...LOL. Have been to Aruba and Grand Cayman more than once and love both destinations.

Unfortunately, I was not seeing decent flights to Antigua and have booked another destination where there is excellent snorkeling.

Would still like to see Antigua and Barbados, which we were also looking at.

Maybe more airlines will fly where we want to go. I pretty much refuse to fly AA with a Miami connection and most had two stops...I don't want to go that route.

5. Re: Galley Bay Resort????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 06:27