We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage at airport

peoria
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Baggage at airport

We have a very tight connection from Atlanta to Antigua don't think our luggage will make it with us. Does anyone know where they will keep our luggage if that is the case?

We probably won't pick it up until the next day.

Thank You

Wales
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage at airport

I may be wrong, but I think that if you've booked a through ticket the airline should deliver the luggage to you if it misses the connection.

You'll need to report it missing to their ground handlers at the airport who'll note your contact details and address of where you're staying, and arrange for the luggage to be delivered to you when it arrives on the island.

That's what happense elsewhere, at least!

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage at airport

I don't think they will deliver it to your hotel. Normally you have to go to the airport yourself and pick it up,if I'm not mistaken.

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage at airport

Since you're flying Delta, you should report your luggage as missing today, even if you're not leaving for a few weeks. Why wait until they lose it (which they will) and waste precious vacation time doing paperwork. Most airlines will deliver to your hotel, which you should include on your baggage tag. You may, however, have better luck going to the airport to add more sense of urgency to the search. Good luck!

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage at airport

WOW! The previous post was completely uncalled for. When a person is stressing about something, there is no sense in making fun of them or exaggerating things like that.

I have flow with Delta hundreds of times (predominantly internationally), only once has a bag been delayed, and that was on the way home.

sandypeoria, I answered your concerns on the other thread. Please don't let "Rw5034" bother you.

peoria
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Baggage at airport

Thank you, I won't let it bother. It is not my first time flying international so I do know somewhat to expect.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,220 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baggage at airport

Our one and only experience with late luggage at Antigua airport - they do deliver to your hotel but in no rush. We were informed at 6 p.m. that our luggage finally arrived but that they would not deliver until the next morning. So we went to the airport and picked it ourselves. It was no problem for us, we had a car and the airport was only 20 minutes away and happy to be reunited!

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Baggage at airport

Wow....Irie lady, if you read my post carefully, I was in no way making fun of the poster, nor "bothering" them. My comments were directed at Delta and come from experience. I have had Delta lose my luggage enough times (even on an Antigua trip) that I don't think my comments were uncalled for. My other comments - that the airline will usually deliver to your hotel but you'd have better luck going to the airport, are objective...and were echoed by other posters. Chill....Irie!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baggage at airport

Since you're flying Delta, you should report your luggage as missing today, even if you're not leaving for a few weeks. Why wait until they lose it (which they will) and waste precious vacation time doing paperwork. Most airlines will deliver to your hotel, which you should include on your baggage tag. You may, however, have better luck going to the airport to add more sense of urgency to the search. Good luck!

Wow to that comment. We've flown Delta numerous time...no problems. Our last trip home from Aruba, on bag did not show up...we went to the Delta area at the airport in Chicago...mind you, this was 11:30 P.M....we are almost 3 hours from the airport. Our bag was delivered the next afternoon at our home at 1:30 in the afternoon...everything intact...including hubby's Sambuca which we bought at the duty free...LOL...yay for Delta...I've heard so many worse stories from other people.

As many times as we've flown this was the first time this has happened. We feel very fortunate.

Edited: 09 January 2011, 10:42
9. Re: Baggage at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2011, 05:40