We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The verandah or st James - family with small children

London
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The verandah or st James - family with small children

Hello

I have going around and around in circles, trying to decide which hotel to go for and wanted some advice.

We are looking for a low key resort, with nice accommodation and nice food as well as a really good kids club. Which one should we go for. Any ideas please ?

Many thanks in advance.

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The verandah or st James - family with small children

The kids club at Verandah is great! you have a arwsome play ground and i a kids pool that the water reaches the children ankles.Send and e-mail to inquire@verandahresortandspa.com and see if you can get some great pictures of the pool and play ground.....

St james is great also but Verandah would be exactly want ur looking for

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The verandah or st James - family with small children

How old are the kids? If they are a bit older I would not recommend Verandah. There is just more going on at St. James.

St. James beaches are nicer, as Verandah's are man-made. But Verandah's are fine for the littlest kids----but there have in recent weeks been jellyfish at one of Verandah's beaches (there has been a notice in the lobby of Verandah the last few weeks that mentions this). St. James has two beaches, one of which is very protected and excellent for families. In my experience the food is MUCH better at St. James.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The verandah or st James - family with small children

We are going to be taking our third trip to Verandah in a few weeks and have a three year old. I have not stayed at St. James but we really like the accomodations at Verandah which are far from a standard hotel room, the kids club and staff at the resort, There are two beaches and a 5 minute walk if that is Long Bay which is also gorgeous for a change in scenery.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The verandah or st James - family with small children

I have not stayed at either...but based on our basic information gathering when we were there I would choose St.James.

The Verandah did have an incredible playground area with the kids club however, I found the property really large - sort of too large and for kids who would rather burn energy playing on the beach or pool all of that walking or waiting for the shuttle could drive me crazy. Plus after staying at the GPon Long Bay beach i was totally spoiled and when I looked at the beaches offered at the V. I was totally underwhelmed.

Either way enjoy beautiful Antigua!

5. Re: The verandah or st James - family with small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 03:17