We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Hawksbill Beach

Austin, Texas
10 posts
Save Topic
Day Trip to Hawksbill Beach

My fiance and I are heading to Antigua for our honeymoon this summer and would like to spend a day at Hawksbill Beach. However, we are staying at a different resort. Are non-guests allowed to visit Eden Beach at Hawksbill without having to buy a day pass? If so, any advice on what we need to do or how we access the beach?

This is our first time to Antigua and can't wait to get there. Thanks for your help!

England
Level Contributor
873 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Hawksbill Beach

All beaches in Antigua are public, so anyone is allowed to use them all.

Having said that, unless you are coming by boat, I think you would have to enter the resort by the main gates and make your way to Eden Beach. If that is the clothing-optional beach, it is the last one you come to when you walk from the hotel area. There were no facilities at all there the last time I walked it, which was a few years ago. Things may have changed since, but if not, you would need to take your own towels, drinks etc.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Hawksbill Beach

The Hawksbill resort only takes up about half of the beach. the other half is open, and you can park the car right next to it. As has already been said, all beaches are public, so you can walk along the beach in front of the resort, and you can sit on the beach and go swimming.

We did not try going into the resort, but I would think that you can't enter it, and that you couldn't buy drinks and food there.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Hawksbill Beach

Hawksbill actually has four beaches - the resort is located on the second and third. Eden Beach is the fourth, and is accessible to non-residents.

The resort itself is AI and its facilities are not available to anyone other than its own guests, so as said previously, take your own drinking water etc. Please don't take valuables with you and leave them on the beach whilst you swim.

Austin, Texas
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip to Hawksbill Beach

Is Eden Beach pretty crowded or is it comfortable for a couple to enjoy their space on the beach for an afternoon without feeling like they're on public display?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,223 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip to Hawksbill Beach

I've never seen it crowded, and there's plenty of space. The beach's users are generally very respectful of personal space, so I wouldn't say you had any worries,

Madison, Alabama
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trip to Hawksbill Beach

Our cruise will be porting for the day in Antigua and we would like to spend a few hours enjoying eden beach with portable cooler in tow and beach bag.Any suggestions on the best way to access the beach FREE as we will not be using the facility or want to pay a day fee.Getting a taxi from port and arranging a return with driver our first thought but how far can he take us before we have to start walking and how far from drop to beach Thank You So Much.

Austin, Texas
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trip to Hawksbill Beach

You can technically access Eden Beach from the ocean but as a couple who tried to do this as a day trip last summer, it is better to buy a half-day pass from Hawksbill Resort. It is an awesome beach and well worth the price. And the plus is you get fulll-access to the resort for the afternoon: food, drinks and facilities.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Trip to Hawksbill Beach

Bamcpl, as a long-time resident of Antigua I strongly but respectfully disagree with Thomas!

Unless you really want to have lunch and drinks and such, there is no reason to pay what I consider to be Hawksbill's quite extravagant price. Like you, Bamcpl, we too bring the cooler.

All you need do is have your taxi-man leave you outside the gate. After that, it is a less than 10-minute walk to the 4th beach.

Another person recently asked me this question, so I took pictures last week as my husband and I parked our car and walked. Send me a private message, so that i can send you the photos I took last week.

Edited: 27 January 2012, 07:41
9. Re: Day Trip to Hawksbill Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:17