We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at The Verandah

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms at The Verandah

Is it worth upgrading rooms at The Verandah from Hillside to Water View or Water front - if you don't upgrade, do you still get a good view?

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at The Verandah

I recognise that userid from the BGI forum!

When are you going? We're off to the Verandah in less than 2 weeks! Have booked a Hillside room, so interested in the responses you get.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at The Verandah

Hi Kirimist, yes - a big fan of BGI and its forum.

This will be our sons wedding next year (poss June). They have been looking at quite a few places and The Verandah looked really good, especially price wise (friends cannot afford too much!).

Hopefully someone might respond to my question. In the meantime, let me know how you get on and what you think of the resort.

Edited: 05 May 2011, 08:17
Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at The Verandah

I'll let you know what I think when we get back next month. If there is no glimpse of the sea from the balcony I think I might miss that, as we're used to waking up and having the sea right in front of us at Coral Mist. Did think about upgrading, but the holiday was at the top of our budget for this trip already.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at The Verandah

Hello,

I am staying in a waterfront room next month for my wedding.

I will let you know.

Regards

Lisa

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at The Verandah

Congratulations Lisa for next month, I hope all goes well for you and look forward to seeing your photos and hearing how it all went.

Kirimist - I hope you have a lovely holiday and also look forward to hearing from you.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms at The Verandah

Hi PMP

We got back on sunday and I don't think if we went again we would spend the money to upgrade above the hillside rooms. We were in 226 and had a great view of the water over trees. I didn't hear byone in a hillside room complain about their vew. I did, however, meet one couple who were repeat visitors an got upgraded to waterfront FOC and they raved about it - but then again, I probably would if it was free!

We didn't spend much time on our balcony as there is no minibar in the room (you can take drinks by the glass back to the rooms, so could in theory take a glass of rum and a glass of mixer etc)..

If you'd like to see a photo of the view from our room just send me your email address via PM.

Nicky

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms at The Verandah

Hello

I have just got back from 18 nights at the Verandah. We had a waterfront room due to having our wedding.

I personally preferred the waterfront to the hillside (our wedding guests had hillside rooms)

My partner & I did not get bitten at all and my guests did. They reckoned it was due to vast amount of palm trees and foliage around the hillside rooms as with the waterfront the verandah looks straight out to sea. Not sure if this had an effect lol.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms at The Verandah

Thank you everyone for your reviews. My son and fiance have now just booked to go to Barbados next June for thei wedding.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooms at The Verandah

Good choice! Where are they staying?

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooms at The Verandah

Turtle Beach. They decided as it was near the Gap and had tennis courts etc, it would be better for them and their friends.

We are all looking forward to it now we know location/date.