We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigua for 2 weeks

V S
Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Antigua for 2 weeks

We are taking a 2 week Honeymoon in January and we are wondering if we should split our time between Antigua and 1 other island (St. Barths or St. Lucia), or if we should just spend the entire 2 weeks on Antigua. What do you think? Is there enough to keep us busy on Antigua for 2 weeks during our honeymoon? We understand the beach is the primary attraction on Antigua (as opposed to lush vegetation or fancy restaurants).

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antigua for 2 weeks

I'd say there's plenty to keep you entertained on Antigua. No shortage of great restaurants, and if you want to see lush vegetation, that's there too!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antigua for 2 weeks

I think that splitting your time - vacation or honeymoon - between two locations is a mistake. I have done that but won't do it again. One of them will comeoff second best and you will feel let down. For our honeymoon my wife wanted to split but I persuaded her not to. She now agrees that would have been a huge mistake. Mind you, it was Paris!

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antigua for 2 weeks

I agree that there is plenty to see and do to keep you happy over two weeks but if you really want to see another island why don't you consider spending one week in Antigua's sister island...Barbuda. It's got the most amazing beaches!

London
Level Contributor
514 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antigua for 2 weeks

Last year we split 16 days between Antigua, St Martin and St Barts. This year we will spend 16 days in Antigua! main reason is we don't want to loose all the extra time packing and unpacking and traveling between islands and there is loads to do and see on Antigua...

Having said that, St Barts is divine and we will return one day. GRIFF

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
799 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antigua for 2 weeks

I understand what others are saying but it depends on what kind of traveler you are. We split our honeymoon - 1 week in Barbados and 1 week in St Lucia and loved it! We are go, see, do types of travelers though so after a week of checking out Barbados we were ready for a new adventure in St Lucia.

I have no doubt that you could happily spend a month in Antigua (or more) but it just depends what kind of traveler you are.

Have fun

6. Re: Antigua for 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Antigua