We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant called the Clouds

Rockville Centre...
3 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant called the Clouds

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Clouds Restaurant was taken over by another owner or changed its name. It use to be a great restaurant in Antigua.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant called the Clouds

Do you mean Clouds on the hill above Halcyon?

If so, it was used sporadically for events (Old Year's Night and occasional private parties) but has not been open as a regular restaurant for many years. Last time I looked, it was pretty much derelict.

There was talk of it being refurbished and reopened three or four years ago, but nothing seemed to come of it. Shame - I used to love the elevator up the hill!

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant called the Clouds

Wow that's long gone, both Julian & Martin have been the chefs there george in the past.

Mark

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant called the Clouds

Just came back from the Halcyon Cove hotel, the building is still there but is not used. I had a look around, the view over the cove is quite breathtaking. Would've loved to have eaten there back in the day. The venicular railway is still there but it is all overgrown and has obviously not been used in years. Someone should reopen it but I'm not sure who owns it.

4. Re: Restaurant called the Clouds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 10:23