We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling at GPB

South Wales
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling at GPB

I have just booked ( Yipeeeeeeeeeeee ) for two weeks at the end of September and would like some tips on the snorkelling please...where is best?

Many thanks

Debs

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling at GPB

Debs- all snorkelling equipment is free to use from the watersports centre,including flippers - you decide on the hygiene as you see it.

The best area on Long Bay ( hotel) beach is at the far right hand side.

About 50 metres out is a large brain coral - the best snorkelling is here.

The sea is fairly calm and you can walk a fair way out.

Enjoy.

South Wales
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling at GPB

Thank you, I have all my own stuff although I may buy some new for this year. I don't really like getting in to a boat as I get quite seasick so really just wanted to know what the shore snorkelling was like. Is there lots to see?

Debs

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling at GPB

Debs - i am certainly no Jacques Cousteau, but in my opinion it was ok with a few different types of fish.Wecsaw a rugby ball sized purple/ blue thingy.

There is nothing nasty lurking there so it is fine for kids etc.

South Wales
Level Contributor
928 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkelling at GPB

Ah, purple/blue thingy....I'll be sure to take a photo :-)

Baldock, United...
Level Contributor
746 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkelling at GPB

Debs the snorkelling at GPB is dead easy. There is not so much to see as the Maldives but the water is very shallow and there are little channels to swim along. It's just a stroll along the beach from the hotel.

Noticed your posts on the Maldives forum. I have been to Antigua 8 times and the GPB once although many years ago. Antigua has a lovely atmosphere very different to the Maldives as its very "go with the flow" and so relaxed. If you need any tips give me a PM.

Going to Maldives for my 4th visit in May but Antigua still has my heart especially Cocobay.

Sue

6. Re: Snorkelling at GPB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:40