We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandals grande panicking now

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
sandals grande panicking now

well we booked for sandals for christmas and new yr giving egypt a miss after 10 yrs been reading reviews and not sure we have made the right choice the bad seem to out way the good and not one mention of chirtmas out of reviews that i have read

can someone put me at ease PLEASE

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,684 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: sandals grande panicking now

just to give more perspective on the post by cdaughe...in December 2008, which is when she/he stayed at SGA, Sandals announced layoffs of 650 staff. This news had a negative impact on staff morale and service. We were at SGA in early 2009 and felt that the service standard was not at all what we were accustomed to at other Sandals resorts. At the time we decided we would not return to SGA because it didn't give us the WOW factor in service....but knowing later of the pressures and worries the staff were under at the time, we realized how unfair our decision was and we are definitely going back to SGA on a future trip.

Shorewood, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: sandals grande panicking now

We stayed at Sandals Antigua for 11 days this past March. This was our first visit to Antigua and our 4th stay with Sandals. We have been to Sandals Grande St Lucian, Sandals Whitehouse, and Sandals Halcyon. Sandals Antigua is my favorite Sandals, actually it is my favorite resort period (Sandals or not) . The resort was beautiful, the service impeccable and the food wonderful. I wrote a very lengthy/detailed review on it here on trip advisor and at the very end of the review is a link to my video of the resort. Maybe reading the review (if you haven't already) and watching the video will help ease your concerns.

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: sandals grande panicking now

thank u i proberly have read it but im going back to check and watch video

thank u very much i am getting very positive comments back now and have to say im feeling so much better about going

thank u all so much

xx

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: sandals grande panicking now

I completely agree with bearfan07. We stayed there in April. 1st time Antigua 2nd time Sandals (Grande St. Lucia in 2008) absolutely loved Antigua and have booked again for our 25th next year. I also wrote a review

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
60 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: sandals grande panicking now

Bearfan - Your YourTube video is great. Looks like it was a work of love. I was a little shocked how similar it looked to Whitehouse, but I guess if you have a concept that works... Even some of the same restaurant names. Maybe our next trip will be somewhere other than Jamaica. Again great video, and I'll repost the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlhDgioMUPw

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
527 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: sandals grande panicking now

great video Duane and Kendra,

thanks for posting philamylou.

jackiem, no panic...

20 sleeps for me cant wait...

PV

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: sandals grande panicking now

fantastic video thank you so much it looks lovely

Shorewood, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: sandals grande panicking now

Thanks for the compliments on the video everyone. I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I really enjoy putting them together. I get to relive my vacation every time I watch them.

jackie m - I hope you feel better now. You will have a great time! I have no doubt!

philamylou - I see you are from Castle Rock - I grew up in Greenwood Village. LOVE Colorado!

PermanentVacation - Have a GREAT time in Antigua and Happy Anniversary!

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: sandals grande panicking now

yer i sure do feel so much better thank you so much for ur imput and video

and i 2nd happy anniversary to pv

xx

Redruth, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: sandals grande panicking now

We went in September 2011, and there were hurricanes all over the shot, but first time to Antigua and Sandals, we are now looking to book this weekend and return. On our arrival we were upgraded due to the month but also whilst walking through we noticed that there was a lot of work going on and the carribean grove swim up bar pool was not in use, we werent told of this but met the manager Mathew (who I understand is still there) and anything we asked for we got and the food was out of this world. There were alot of Americans in the main big pool, sat by the bar but also had the floaties, but nothing was too much for anyone. We stayed by the beach and the beach bar, ate at the beach restaurant Barefoot every day and my husband who is so fussy loved every bit of food possible.!

Look at my review and in total we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, be it that we went on the catamaran ride and had to come in early due to the weather and got soaked but the rum punch made us smile!