We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport departure tax

11 posts
Save Topic
Airport departure tax

Is that payable with credit card....just trying to gauge how much cash I'll need to put aside.....also is it per person or per family....and how much is it?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,076 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport departure tax

No, it's payable in cash only. Some airlines will take payment at the checkin desk, but not all, in which case you have to use the booth opposite the entrance to the departure hall.

$EC70 or $US28 per person over the age of 12.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport departure tax

Make sure you also keep the portion of the immigration form which you fill in on arrival as this has to be shown on departure...

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
169 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport departure tax

When I got money from the airport ATM at the start of my trip I immediately put the cash for the departure tax inside my passport. This made things easier on departure, not having to worry about finding the cash at the last minute!

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport departure tax

$28 is around £18 sterling

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
544 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport departure tax

If you're travelling with Virgin and "Check-in/Chill-out" is available at your hotel, you can pay your departure tax then instead of at the airport.

Now that's really easy!

6. Re: Airport departure tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Antigua