We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trips

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
trips

what day trips can be done apart from the ziplining or rain forest i know about nelsons, and english harbour, and shirley heights are there any waterfalls like in jamaica, something out of the ordinary

many thanks

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,859 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trips

There are no waterfalls on Antigua.

I think the best trips are always on the water. A circumnavigation is the best way to see the island, and there's plenty of choice of trips, depending on the size you want and how many people you want to share the experience with.

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trips

is there a volcano ?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trips

On Montserrat 26 miles away.

http://www.caribbeanhelicopters.com/new/

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trips

thanks very much

St Albans
Level Contributor
90 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trips

I would suggest a circumnav on the Excellence. We have also done snorkelling at Cades reef and a trip to Barbuda where you can collect some pink sand to bring home. The Circumnav is great as there is a real party atmosphere with a great crew.

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trips

sounds great thanks

Redruth, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trips

We did the catamaran trip and thoroughly enjoyed it, also hired a car to explore the island. If you stay at Sandals pre book your cool box, but if not, if you manage to get a room with an ice wicker box, fill it up with ice (ice boxes located at the end of each verandahs) put it in a carrier bag and take your drinks from your room. Also the cars have cool boxes in as well. We did Stingray City which was amazing. Also Shirley Heights was good and even better if you get a taxi driver that will take you around a bit. The cricket stadiums were good (both) and you can also explore more with a car. It was also good that you could see other hotels within the area.

We visited Grand Pineapple and the pool was filthy - we weren't even questioned when walking along the beach, my husband walked to the bar, ordered a drink and came away in the car again.

When we go back again next month, I think we will go into St Johns Harbour more and possibly go to the zip wire.

8. Re: trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:15