We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

circumnavigation trips

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
116 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
circumnavigation trips

Are the circumnavigation by sail trips packed or is there room to breath I do not want to go on a trip with loud music and drinking all the time.

PEM

St Albans
Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: circumnavigation trips

when we have done these they are busy, but I wouldn't say that they are cramped as they are large cats (Excellence are you looking at?) and so you have space to move. There is a real party atmosphere and the crew are really good at looking after everyone in terms of getting drinks but also in terms of safety. Yes people do drink on these but you do not have to drink all the time as they have a range of soft drinks and there are lots of families on board to. The food is also good with agood selection of BBQand salads. Depending on where you stay and fo how long, you may see one come up onto your beach to pick up/drop off guests and so you could judge for yourself if this is for you. You do ususally here them coming with the music. I would say do i!t

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,872 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: circumnavigation trips

These are party boats. The music can be a bit relentless and there will be some guests who are very much the worse for wear by the end of the trip. This applies to the Excellence (powered catamaran) as well as the sailing trips (Wadadli Cats / Treasure Island).

The exception to this is the Xtreme circumnavigation, but this is powered (and much smaller) rather than under sail and includes a lot more stops. The only alcohol served on this one is at the very last stop of the day, and it's very much optional!

St Albans
Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: circumnavigation trips

I'd forgotten about the Wadadli Cats, did a great trip with them also including snorkellig and alovely BBQ!

4. Re: circumnavigation trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Antigua