We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

We are currently at the Resort and absolutely loving it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will try to answer them for you.

We are staying in a waterfront room.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

what are the range of water sports and do they have Hobie cats?

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

Yes they have Hobie Cats, floats which can accommodate up to 3 people, kyack, sea kyack (the ones you stand on), pedaloes. They also have baskets of sand toys for kids. We are off on a circumnavigation trip on Monday so will update on that is was $110 each through Virgin. This included the transport to St Johns which would cost $50 for a taxi. You may be able to get a cheaper deal but you may have to factor in the cost of taxi.

Absolutely loving it here, its only about half full so no problem with queues etc.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

Is there lots at this resort for an active family with young children? We were thinking of going here but need lots to do. Thanks!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
180 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

So jealous...we have just booked tonight to go there in June 2013... Have I made the right choice lol.. We are early 40s and love beach holidays.. What's the dress attire for the buffet restaurants, are smart dress flip flops allowed for males or is it closed shoes required for all the restaurants and are polo shirts allowed.

Have a great holiday..

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

Hello! I was wondering what the weather is like right now, how good the snorkeling at the resort is (off shore). What is the dress code for dinner? Is casual attire acceptable? We are leaving to Antigua in 6 days and will be staying in Verandah:) Thank you in advance! Liliana

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

Dress Code - wish I had asked that question! It would have saved us a lot of luggage space lol. As far as the buffet is concerned I have seen people turn up in tshirt, shorts and just normal flipflops and not a word has been said. Even in the buccaneer a la cate (free one) people are wearing just the same, but maybe a dress flipflop. As far as nicoles go its dress up in long trousers but I did see one man in jeans - may have been designer but he stood out as being wrongly dressed. Dont get me wrong though there are plenty of people who do make the effort.

Weather at the moment is very hot I would say near 90. We had had some rain but tends to be during night or early morning. If you are a light sleeper I would suggest bringing ear plugs - you will find out why when you try to sleep. After a couple of nights you get used to the local inhabitant noise!!

As far as active children as I dont know their ages am unable to really comment. There is a children's club but as the majority of children at the mo are toddlers it does not seem to be used. There is crazy golf - going to play that this afternoon, tennis, table tennis (all free) plus the things as previously mentioned above. The resort is not near any local bars or shops etc so it does seem a bit remote but there are plenty of tours etc to go on. We did the circumnavigation one yesterday - great day out but towards the end for us we just wanted to get back The resort does also have an activities programme but most people just seem to want to laze around..

Liliana B we will just miss you as we leave on Saturday to begin our long journey home :(

Apologies if I have missed any questions.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

Sorry forgot to answer - re snorkling cant really answer as I dont get my hair wet lol. Have not really seen many people doing that more using the kyacks etc.

Edited: 25 September 2012, 15:02
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

What food do they serve at dinner at The Buccaneer.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

The first time we had dinner there DH had ribeye and I had lamb shank, last night it was meant to be tbone but they ran out so he had ribeye again and I had pork tenderloin - very scrummy. The meals I consider every bit as good as Nicoles and you have to pay for that one. They post the menu each day beside the main bar so that you can choose but both restaurants are not open at the same time - maybe because its low season.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
805 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from the Verandah Resort and Spa

In case any Brits are wondering just bring US Dollars, we changed £100 into ECD and have not really used them so we are going to use some of that to pay our departure tax. All vendors charge in US dollars.