We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Resort Beach

Virginia
Level Contributor
39 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best Resort Beach

Hi, we are going to Antigua this summer but haven't picked a resort yet (Family of 4, two high-teen boys). I'll probably be posting several questions as we zero in on the right resort, but here is my first. We spend most of our time at the beach when we vacation so exquisite beaches are a very high priority to us. We love Turks and Caicos for its confection sugar sand and crystal clear water, and when we go to other islands, that is what we look for. Of the resorts than are not couples only, does anybody have an opinion on the best beach on the resort property. Thanks a bunch.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Resort Beach

This depends hugely on your budget.

For low to mid price range, probably Grand Pineapple Beach on Long Bay, which has a lovely beach and good water clarity, or Jolly Beach Resort, where the beach is stunning, but the water can be milky because of the very fine sand particles suspended in the water.

Hawksbill can also be a good choice in the summer months.

Up in price range, my first choice would probably be Carlisle Bay, which has the lot, and is just a fab all round resort.

If you're ready to spend a great deal more, then the best of all would be Jumby Bay, but it really is a lot more!

Virginia
Level Contributor
39 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Resort Beach

Great info. Definitely appreciate it. Thanks.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Resort Beach

hi beachboound- i share your priority in perfect beaches! Also love TC for the very same reason. I've been looking at the pictures of beaches at different antigua resorts. (Thank GOD for Tripadvisor's Travelers Photo section). Check out Jolly Beach Resort. In my opinion, it has the most vibrant and electric shades of turquoise and long, wide stretches of soft sandy beach. I've become quite obsessed with getting there :)

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
249 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Resort Beach

I can say with 100% confidence that Jumby Bay is worth the extra cost, if you don't mind paying it. It's the best beach I've ever been to. The water is gorgeous, sand is just right, and the beach chairs are comfortable and are spread out so you feel like you're there alone. I'm dying to go back.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Resort Beach

What MizGeorge said.

Pineapple Beach on Long Bay for budget to mid range, Hawksbill for mid range, Carlisle for upper price range.

Jolly Beach is a long beautiful stretch of white sand, although as mentioned the water isn't crystal clear.

Personally I like Long Bay, just because of the slightly better snorkelling

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Resort Beach

Hi,

Looking for a week in March and have been reading very negative reviews on sandals. Is there a current feeling on that resort?

Also I would love information on a resort for mother /daughter (college) traveling adults who enjoy great food, travel etc. Any suggestions.

How is the Verdanda Resort.

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Resort Beach

Yeah, it's awful, stay away.

8. Re: Best Resort Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Antigua