We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting around in antigua

ny
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
getting around in antigua

in may we will be vacationing in antigua for the firtst time, is it advisable to rent a car for our stay, or use a cab ?

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting around in antigua

It depends on where you are staying and what you want to do. Either is a viable option in Antigua.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting around in antigua

It depends on how long you'll be staying, and how often you'll be travelling.

If you won't be travelling much, and are doing all inclusive, i'd advise taking a cab.

If you are, then renting a car is probably the way to go. If you rent long enough, you can get it down to 30-35 US per day or so.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting around in antigua

Hi

Noticed you have a lovely baby on your picture and you are from NY so I will take this as the USA?

If you are staying for one week my response would differ from two weeks

Also as one poster suggests do you intend to travel much?

where are you staying?

All of the people on this site will help and we certainly took advice often via PM messages.

WE hired a car , took a trip to Barbuda and a circumnavigation and we stayed 10 days

Edited: 15 March 2013, 23:50
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting around in antigua

Great info! Margsi, I hope you don't mind if I jump in with a rental question too. (And I love your avatar!)

We are tentatively planning on renting a car for 2-3 days of our 7-day trip. We'll be staying in Antigua during Sailing Week and I'm wondering if we should book one now or take a chance when we get there. I understand that Sailing Week is really busy but I have no idea if the week affects rental availability. Cannot wait to explore Antigua!

5. Re: getting around in antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 04:17