We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar value allowance for importing gifts to Antigua.

Glen Allen, Virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Dollar value allowance for importing gifts to Antigua.

Does anyone know the dollar value or allowance if we are wanting to pack a few gifts in our luggage for friends on the island of Antigua? Just curious if we need to declare them through customs? Total value will be less than $500.00 USD.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,819 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar value allowance for importing gifts to Antigua.

Technically the only things a visitor can bring in Duty Free are:

A) 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco

B) 1 litre of wine or spirits

C) 170ml (6 oz) of perfume.

Everything else is subject to duty so it should be declared.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollar value allowance for importing gifts to Antigua.

I'd suggest that if it''s just gifts, that you probably won't need to declare anything. However, if these gifts are electronics, they may decide to charge if it's obvious that they are brand new.

Personally, I'd say just to remove any new tags, and tell them that they are your own personal effects.

Although I'll let others chime in, as this may not be the strictly correct view. Personally, I've never declared anything in my life, despite many MANY trips, and have never had anyone ask me about gifts.

3. Re: Dollar value allowance for importing gifts to Antigua.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 04:17