We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in April

london
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in April

I am off to Long Bay in Antigua in early April and I have been checking the weather. There seems to be some rain around some days. Can anyone tell me if the rain is heavy or is it mainly showers and how much sun there is most days at this time of year? Also will I need a cardigan/jacket at night?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in April

Honestly, those on-line weather sites ALWAYS show rain. Truth is it's been very dry in the Leeward Islands - our island which is only 40 miles from Antigua had it's first rain (lasting about 15 minutes) in almost 6 weeks. I'm sure Antigua is having the same dry spell we are.

Daytime temps will be in the low to mid-80's F. - evenings will be only a few degrees cooler. For what it is worth, I haven't needed long sleeves except on two occasions in the last 5 months and never needed one in April (average temperatures on my island are the same as on Antigua).

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in April

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I actually HOPE that we get rain. We are in a bit of a drought, and it's been VERY dry for the past month or so. At this time of the year, if we do get rain, it's usually short sharp showers.

However, I'd advise you NOT to bother much with the forecasts - they almost always forecast showers, whether we get them or not. Don't bother about the forecast anything past the closest 3-4 days

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in April

Your weather forecasts are wrong, it is very dry here at the moment, way way too dry. Thecountry has a drought and many places have little or no mains water because it is being rationed.

This does not affect hotels or rental houses because it is a requirement to store rain water so mos places have water but gardens are looking dry and so is the countryside.

There is little evidence that the rains are coming yet, last night we had 30 mins of rain at 3.30 am and were p,eased to get it.

Your holiday will not be spoiled by rain!

london
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in April

Thanks. Lets hope you get more rain but after I have had my holiday.

london
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in April

Thanks for the info.

6. Re: Weather in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 05:18