We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

My wife and I are planning for our wedding anniversary in August... I've been thinking about Antigua. Planning 6 or 7 nights...We are looking for the best "affordable" All-Inclusive?

*Good beach

*Good restaurants

*Good entertainment

*Good spa

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

Define affordable to us and maybe we can help;.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

We're looking for a 3-4 star resort. We'd like to keep our total flight/resort pricing below $3500. (US)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

I am really excited about Cocobay Resort. We are doing 5 nights for a bit under what you are trying to budget. Look into them. Our plane tickets from New Orleans, LA were 600 each

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
521 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

Cocobay is a lovely resort and certainly meets your good beach and good restaurant criteria. Both are excellent and the views around the resort are some of the best on the island.

Entertainment is very low key and centres around the bar. A couple of nights a weeks there is a band playing sometimes with a singer - and that's about it. It's a place to sit and relax with a drink and chat with new friends......

Also - there is not a "spa" although is is possible to have spa treatments/massages etc in your room - and these can be booked through reception.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

Your entertainment and spa requirements are a bit at odds with your budget, at least for Antigua.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

Thanks all... I think my wife wants to go with a boutique hotel/resort. I started looking at BLU and Coco Palm, last night. Both are more intimate, so my list is irrelevant. I do like the swim up rooms at Coco Palm and the prices are great for All-Inclusive.

England
Level Contributor
786 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

I have never heard of either of these. Are you sure you are looking at Antigua?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,805 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

Both are on st lucia

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
196 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

Jolly Beach Resort hits 2 of your criteria: fabulous beach and affordable all-inclusive. However, the opinions on restuarants are wildly varied from "inedible/disgusting" to "good". Not much word on the spa. Judging by pictures, the other all-inclusives, except Cocos Bay, dont seem to be on as pretty of a stretch of beach s JBR.

Disclaimers on JBR:

-the resort is reportedly very dated, but general consensus is clean

-in the last year, it has been reported 3-4 occasions they have run out things like diet soda, wine etc

-there is an extreme shortage of beach chairs and umbrellas. supposedly, you can ask at the watersports desk for chairs if you cant find any. i read you can rent umbrellas for 10$ a day

-the size of their cups have compared to a sippy cup. bring your own cups.

-the use of a safe is an additional fee

-in-room frigs are not stocked

-rooms are very small and basic

cant beat the beach, but from what i have read, you have to go in with realistic expectations and be prepared.

Level Contributor
13 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which "Affordable" All-Inclusive Resort in Antigua?

Don't bother going to hawksbill,we went there in dec 2012 and the place is really run down and needs a serious makeover. We visited galley bay which was more up market and cleaner. Hope this helps