We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

Sheffield, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

Can anybody tell me whether you still pay the above . Heard lots of different stories . But have just received my tickets and it says its 20 us dollars each can you not pay in the east carribean dollar.

Stotfold, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

We didn't pay anything when we left & didn't see anyone else doing do as I believe it's changed and is now included in the cost of your ticket.

Sheffield, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

Thank you hope you had a great holiday x

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,500 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

no, the departure tax is now included in your air fare...so you pay nothing extra

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

The departure tax is included in the ticket for all flights, it is no longer paid separately and the area where they used to collect the tax has closed.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

I find it incredibly sloppy that tour operators and airlines are simply not aware of this. The way the taxes are collected changed last November, and they're still blithely misleading passengers on a daily basis. There are always poor people milling around at the airport looking for someone to pay their tax to, despite having already paid it when they bought their tickets.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

Ditto above. We travelled to Antigua in April/may with thomas cook and definitely no departure tax to pay. In fact, it was one of the most easiest and quickest airports to pass through. It seemed a small, personal and a very friendly place.

Typical of Antigua really....

Will be interesting to see how things change with the new airport extension.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,500 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

Post 6 - your comment is really funny..Antigua personal and friendly....

England
Level Contributor
799 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

Tilly- I am interested in your comment. I seem to recall previous posts from you making similar remarks.

I am guessing that you have had a holiday in Antigua which you didn't enjoy, and that is a real shame. It is a real pity that your experience was not like the vast majority of holidaymakers to Antigua.

In my experience over the past 14 years, the people of Antigua are most definitely friendly - when you get talking to them they are lovely people, interesting to listen to, and with a strong moral ethic. Although they can be relatively reserved at times, I find them more welcoming than the people on some other Caribbean islands.

But, I guess that there is always the exception to the rule, and I think your experience was very much the exception, as evidenced by most people's reviews.

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

its all in the ticket price, there isn't a departure tax anymore

10. Re: departure tax from antigua for a thomas cook holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Antigua