We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in Antigua on a cruise

ELCHE
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
one day in Antigua on a cruise

The 13th of August I will be in Antigua for one day on a cruise. I am travelling with my wife and my 5 years old son. We do not know what trip to choose (big difference in price) between these 2 possibilies: a day in Prickly Pear Island or a beach break in Dickenson Bay Beach. Both of them seem beatiful beaches. I would appreciate your opinion. We have no intention to snorkel, just to relax on the beach.

Thanks in advance for your help.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day in Antigua on a cruise

Personally I'd go with the cheaper option - while Prickly Pear is certainly a nice place, there's literally nothing to do besides relax and beach out, and a bit of snorkelling. At least at Dickenson Bay you have more options of where to go, what to do and what to eat.

That being said, I'm sure that there are many other options for day trips, which can be booked at the port quite easily, apart from Prickly Pear and Dickenson Bay. There are also a number of tour operators that you can contact in advance in order to arrange a trip - antiguanice.com has quite an extensive listing.

ELCHE
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: one day in Antigua on a cruise

Thank you very much for your speedy answer DTG0101. I am going to have a look to the website suggested.

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: one day in Antigua on a cruise

Hi

where do the po cruise ships arrive in what port and how far is the shopping from port and is this area st John please?

thank you

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one day in Antigua on a cruise

The cruise ship dock is at Heritage Quay, right in St Johns, with the duty free shopping areas right there and more shops within a minute or two's walk

5. Re: one day in Antigua on a cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:17