We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best catamaran cruise

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Best catamaran cruise

I'm looking for a cruise that doesn't have over crowded boats, with good food and drinks with decent snorkelling , any ideas please ?

Lake District, UK
Level Contributor
851 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best catamaran cruise

Does it have to be a catamaran? If not, I suggest you check out Adventure Antigua's Eco Tour, but be aware that it's not a booze cruise, soft drinks only until after the last snorkelling stop.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best catamaran cruise

Would have liked a few cold beers, but will add this to my list. Thank you

England
Level Contributor
847 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best catamaran cruise

We love the Wadadli circumnavigation. Huge fun. You see the whole island, have a snorkelling stop on a lovely beach, enjoy a great lunch with beers, rum punches etc, then sail back with some music and dancing if you want. We do it every year, and have tried others which we haven't enjoyed so much.

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
544 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best catamaran cruise

We really enjoyed the "Excellence" catamarin cruise. We were picked up from the beach at Cocobay - and had a really entertaining day out circumnavigating the island.

There was a longish stop for snorkelling and lunch - and we thought the food was very good.

(BBQ chicken and fish plus lots of salads.) We also did a detour into English Harbour. (Fascinating to see this area from the sea - having already visited by land.)

The crew were great - entertaining (especially the commentary!) and very safety conscious, especially as the sea was pretty rough at some points.

Would definitely recommend - and will probably do again when we are next in Antigua!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best catamaran cruise

Agree with the shout for the Excellence. Not sure who your tour operator is but I know they do a few trips a week exclusively for Virgin Holiday guests. These trips arent usually too busy and The Excellence is probably the biggest catamaran to do the circumnavigation.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,075 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best catamaran cruise

I think you're looking for more of a party boat than the Eco tour or Xtreme - and I'd also recommend Wadadli Cats - not least because of the sailing element, which is so much more fun than the power-only experience on the Excellence. Treasure Island would be my next choice.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best catamaran cruise

Thanks all think I will take a closer look at Wadadli, can anyone give some prices ?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,075 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best catamaran cruise

http://www.wadadlicats.com/BookTrip.php

From GPB though, it's often a better bet to book using the vendors on the beach - Marvin, Joseph or Wesley come to mind as it's cheaper than using the hotel desk, and they can organise transport for you to and from the pickup points.

9. Re: Best catamaran cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Antigua