We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best resort for entertainment

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Topic
best resort for entertainment

Can anyone advise me on a good resort that is quality, with good entertainment and also on cost of average excursion e.g boat trips around island etc...

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best resort for entertainment

Most resorts actually do not have any great evening entertainment. Just the occasional small steel band or guitar / drums /keyboard group with or without a singer and not necesarilly every night. Some of these are pretty good but others would have a serious struggle lasting more than a minute or two at an X Factor audition.

While I suspect Sandals, because of it's size, might be more professional [ I haven't been there in the evening for 10 or 12 years] I can personally recommend Sugar Ridge . There is a quality act every night and they regularly have some big "do" on Saturday nights. The hotel itself is very modern and facilities are first class as are the restaurants. The only thing to remember is that it is not ON the beach.

There are plenty of threads on this forum about excursions so I would suggest you do a bit of "digging".

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,235 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best resort for entertainment

Hi welcome to the forum

We stayed at the verandah and whilst the entertainment was not riveting, there was a steel band that was pretty good and on other nights we had either a duo or a low key band. Some people got up to have a dance but it quietened down around 11pm.

We found trips out very reasonable - can't remember the cost but good. We did a catamaran trip around the island that was amazing and hired a driver one morning for a trip to St. John's.

Hope this helps

3. Re: best resort for entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 05:17