We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice needed on accommodations

pa
Level Contributor
602 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
advice needed on accommodations

my husband and i, along with another couple, are thinking of antigua in the summer of 2014. we're in our 50's and active, but also like to "beach it" with a book, and we'd like to actually SEE the island rather than being holed up at a resort/hotel. i'm not a big all-inclusive fan, but that said, would an a-i be advisable over a hotel or a villa? if so, any a-i recommendations would be great. if not, any hotel/resort/villa recommendations would be appreciated.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice needed on accommodations

There is no need at all to go to an AI in Antigua. There are lots of villas etc. to rent and the island is easy to get around. Check vbro.com for villas.

Lake District, UK
Level Contributor
851 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice needed on accommodations

Be aware that summer is the low season, so places like English Harbour, which is a great base for self catering, will be very quiet. That's when some restaurant and bar owners take their holidays.

3. Re: advice needed on accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 06:19