We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grande Pineapple or Verandah

Lethbridge, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Grande Pineapple or Verandah

Travelling to Antiqua in April for my Mom's 80th Birthday with two 14 years olds. Which resort has the least amount of stairs, best beach, activities for teenagers. Thanks so much

Level Contributor
20 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grande Pineapple or Verandah

I think GP has best beach but certain rooms have quite steep steps to them. Can't comment on Verandah but GP was great in December . Choose your rooms carefully and I reckon GP would be the best option.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grande Pineapple or Verandah

On this occasion GP will be better suited, at the Verandah the resturant area is on the first floor and is reached whilst not by stairs a long steepish slope. The main beach is reached by stairs, and many of the rooms due to the design of the hotel are a bit of a walk.

Ontario
Level Contributor
476 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grande Pineapple or Verandah

You may want to consider Jolly Beach. We just returned and it has no stairs is on a level property and with a central ground floor room request, might suit your mom. Beautiful beach food was good and I would imagine enough to keep the 14 year olds happy.

Happy planning

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,904 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grande Pineapple or Verandah

Hi also think GP is most likely to be suitable for you.... The verandah, whilst a very lovely hotel is quite spread out with a trolly cart to take you around if you need it... It can be hilly in some places, depending on where your room is situated. And like someone has already said, there is a number of steps down to the main beach. The beach is fairly small but beautiful soft white sand.

We stayed there last year and totally loved it but we do not have mobility issues.

The GB on the other hand is situated on long beach.... Which is exactly that.... Long....

Happy planning!

Northampton
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grande Pineapple or Verandah

We were at the Verandah last year and are going back for a wedding (12 of us) this year. Most of the party will be 50+ with 2 in their 70's.

Last year, we had a tour of the GP as well and I have to say that I much prefer the Verandah. Getting around is easy as they have golf buggies to ferry you around if you need it. Yes, there are steps to one of the 2 beaches and the dining room is up a slope. The concept between the two is very different. GP has rooms in blocks, the Verandah has bungalow style rooms, 2 per unit with the possibility of interconnecting doors.

You will be best placed to know how mobile the 80 year old is, but if they are not too restricted, then there is no doubt in my mind which hotel I would choose

Level Contributor
11 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grande Pineapple or Verandah

I think GP personally, it's pretty level around the site and book a ground floor Tropical Waterfront room and you could stay on the level all the time once you have walked down the slight slope from reception when you arrive. The beach is just lovely, huge for the size of the resort, and easy to navigate for teenagers, they shouldn't get lost at all. They will enjoy the water sports and your mum can easily get out of the sun if it's too hot and yet be right by the beach as the main bar and restaurant is right there. The waterfront rooms have a nice big balcony and good bathroom. Staff are lovely and I am sure will look after your mother.

7. Re: Grande Pineapple or Verandah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Antigua
Recent Conversations