We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

considering booking Verandah......feedback please

Level Contributor
286 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
considering booking Verandah......feedback please

Hi..hubby and i are considering last minute getaway from 2/22-2/26 and Verandah caught our eye. we are in our 50's., looking to relax, love the beach, 'some' nightlife and love good food. From what i've read, verandah is for families and couples. we have no issues with children at the resort but any idea if this timeframe if 'prime' vacation time for school break? we honeymooned in antigua 10 years ago and can't wait to return! also, does anyone know if Wadali Cats is still doing their cat tours? We loved it last time. Thanks!

Bars & Clubs, Water Parks, Other Outdoor Activities, Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours
2SIX8 Craft Brewery
Breweries, Bars & Clubs
Level Contributor
403 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: considering booking Verandah......feedback please

I haven't been yet so I can't actually tell you about the Verandah except that it is not close to any night life. It's definitely a taxi ride from anything.

Also, your time frame is at the tail end of winter break (for those who still have it & didn't have the days taken away due to snow days)

Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: considering booking Verandah......feedback please

We went there last year - same age group as you. You won't regret it, I promise you. Absolutely great resort, good staff and food is good too.

The bungalow style rooms are very comfortable and if you are not going for a sea view, then do ask for one near the pool.

In fact, we enjoyed it so much that 12 of us are going back in June for a wedding.

You need to know that there are no real towns near by and because it is in a conservation area, entertainment (music) stops at 11.00, but the bar stays open later. It's definitely a chill place and I can not recommend it too much!!!

Book it and enjoy.

Level Contributor
4,439 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: considering booking Verandah......feedback please

Go for it! The verandahs a really lovely place so you won't regret it....

As said, it's a taxi ride - it's half hour in a taxi to St. John's/English harbour for any night life...

But the verandah has live music nightly with a local band or steel band... All played out doors by the restaurant and pool area...

It does finish at 11pm, though the bar goes on much longer...

We were there in April into early May last year and there were only a couple of families with very young children.... We chose that time to keep away from school holidays too....

Happy planning !

Edited: 23 February 2014, 10:30
4. Re: considering booking Verandah......feedback please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Antigua