We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi/minibus question

Northampton
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi/minibus question

There is a party of 12 of us going to the Verandah at Long Bay Beach in June. We arrive on a Saturday and want to go to the Shirley Heights BBQ on the Sunday.

The problem with the organised tour from the hotel is that we want to go earlier and visit Nelson's dockyard and stay on a bit later than the 8.00 departure that the hotel's trip schedules. (We were there last year but the others haven't been to Antigua).

Now I have looked on the web but the various tour/minibus companies' prices are extortionate, Does anyone know how I can book either a minibus to accommodate 12 or some taxis? Would the official taxi rank at the airport be able to help.

Also, we will be using the airport taxi rank to take us to the hotel. Don't know if they have minibuses or not, but are they able to arrange the return journey and are they reliable enough to send 3 taxis for our return transfer to the airport? At somewhere near the official taxi rate too!

Many thanks.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi/minibus question

The official taxi rate for 1-4 persons from the airport to the Verandah is $28 usd one way. Hit the link below.

www.antiguanice.com/v2/page.php?page=24

There are plenty of mini buses at the airport that can seat up to eight. Just let them know you are in groups of 4 travelling together not couples travelling together.

You will have no problem with your return from the hotel to the airport and to arrange your tour with a taxi/taxis as well. Just don't book it through the hotel. See the taxi drivers yourself at the hotel.

Regards

Mark.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi/minibus question

I can highly recommend Roger (known as Big Roger) of Roger's Taxi & Tours.

rogertaxitours@gmail.com

(268) 764-6331 or (305) 848-5799.

Very reasonable rates and a very nice guy. Clean air conditioned van.

His FB page is Roger Taxi Tours. I would suggest contacting him to see if he can help. We were a group of 8 and there was room for more, so I'm thinking he might be able to handle 12. Worth the ask.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi/minibus question

Absolutely agree book with roger.you won't regret it.

4. Re: Taxi/minibus question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 08:05
5. Re: Taxi/minibus question

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 08:05
England
Level Contributor
828 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi/minibus question

Emelda, you are not allowed to advertise your business on this forum. Slapped wrists!

7. Re: Taxi/minibus question

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 22:35
Northampton
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi/minibus question

Thanks folks.

I have booked with Roger for airport transfers and Shirley Heights. Will let you know how we get on.

Northampton
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi/minibus question

Just to let you know that Roger's taxis are reliable and his communication with you prior to the going to Antigua is first class. Quick responses by email and you are not left dangling waiting for answers.

We booked him for airport arrival and departure and Shirley Heights. All 3 times he came on time - airport trips needed 2 taxis so Mrs Roger drove one and Roger the other. Great guide as well.

Look no further and thanks for the heads up, folks.

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi/minibus question

I concur with the rave reviews on Roger.

I've just posted a review on his FB page as I couldn't find one here. I found him via the web and sent him a FB message to collect us from the airport. He and his drivers are superb. Very knowledgeable, professional, friendly and punctual. What an absolute pleasure, this is one hidden gem of the Caribbean that needs uncovering!