We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Check In Chill Out Service

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
40 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Check In Chill Out Service

Hi. Had a text from Virgin this morning to say they are no longer offering check in chill out service as of 1st April 2014. We have this as part of our holiday and believed we have got them few extra hours on the beach after checking in and passing our cases over in the hotel. We do not intend taking mobiles/laptops for internet connection and feel we will not be able to check in online (bearing in mind we are 4 seperate family groups that would like to be sitting together/near each other). Virgin are not saying that much more about the changes. Does anybody know if you now have to get taken to the airport sooner due to still having your bags or if JBR would let you use their internet to check in online. Any advice?? Thank you..

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Check In Chill Out Service

Can't answer about JBR and checking in on line- but having used this service last month at another resort, have to say we weren't impressed with it. They make it sound like you will get lots of extra time at resort - it certainly didn't feel that way. We had to pack early in the day. Wait around for ages for the Virgin staff to turn up and take the cases. Cope for the rest of the day with only hand luggage - we ended up throwing away some larger bottles of liquid which we couldn't put in hand luggage - shampoos etc. And had to leave for the airport more than 3 hours before the flight anyway. If we had had to also check in once there it would've just meant less time waiting in the departure lounge - bonus!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Check In Chill Out Service

I am not surprised that Virgin are stopping Check in Chill out, as the pick up time from the hotels was the same as for passengers checking in at the airport. I suspect as Virgin can no longer fill a 747 to Antigua and have switched to an Airbus which has about half the economy seats as the 747 it just is not viable to offer this service.

Whilst I have never stayed at Jolly I am sure they have common use pc,s for Internet access.

3. Re: Virgin Check In Chill Out Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:16