We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December

New Milford...
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in December

Hi Everyone!

I'm in the process of planning an early/mid December honeymoon. I was originally set on St. Thomas until I found out they had 7 inches of rain this past December! I know hurricane/rainy season ends in November, but am wondering if this is a trend on other islands that rain continued into December. Does anyone have any experience traveling in the first couple weeks of December...air temp, water temp rainfall etc.?

Thanks!

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December

As you said yourself, the rainy season ends in November. Usually the Eastern Caribbean doesn't get much rain in December, but occasions like this do occur ANYWHERE around the world. Stop worrying about the weather, which no one can predict with 100% accuracy. Make up your mind to enjoy your vacation, come what may, and you will, rain or no rain!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December

Hi Vacation0923. We've been first 2 weeks in December before and had great weather, only rained at night if I remember rightly and wow do the tree frogs sing after, beautiful sound. We're going this year on 2nd December. If it does rain it clears up very quickly so go and enjoy!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
620 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in December

I think last year was a bit of an anomaly, for sure. We were in Antigua then and while we did get rain. The showers usually did not last for long. I think it's a great time to go as you avoid the larger crowds nearer It is to Christmastime.

4. Re: Weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Antigua