We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galley Bay

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Galley Bay

Hi has anyone stayed in a Superior Beachfront room at Galley Bay recently (the single storey buildings)? Just wondering what they are like and if they're in a good position on the beach. Do you get your own sunbeds and parasols? Don't seem to be able to find any pictures of the rooms.

Thanks

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galley Bay

There are pictures of the rooms on the Galley Bay website.

The rooms are on the same stretch of beach as the premium suites just a few hundred feet away - no real different in beach.

Plenty of lounge chairs for all the resort's guests.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galley Bay

Thanks CaribSurfer. I did see the pictures of the actual room on the website but was hoping someone might have photos of the outside patio area or be able to tell me what it was like. Good to know there are plenty of sunbeds for everyone. Thanks again.

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
656 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Galley Bay

There's quite a bit on YouTube if you just search for Galley Bay. Looks terrific, on our radar for a future visit.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Galley Bay

I asked the same question NJB27 as we have booked these rooms for our December holiday and have tried to find photos apart form the GB Web site, I will check out YouTube as Dave Suggested.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galley Bay

Hi Deansway, I had a look on You Tube (thanks Dave for the suggestion) but still couldn't find any pictures of these rooms (apart from the inside). If you come across any please can you let me know. Just hope they are ok as booked for next February.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Galley Bay

The superiors are the oldest and , I am sure, the smallest on the resort. They have been subject to the same rolling updates as the rest of the resort and have the advantage of being single storey, semi detached so no one to bang about above your heads.

I am pretty sure that only #s 8,9,10 have thatched Palapas [ Parasols] but everyone gets a couple of sun beds out side of them.

The water sports guys and all their gear are in between #s 4 and 5 and #1 is within a few yards of The Barefoot Grill and it's little table area. Shouldn't be a problem as it's only open for a few hours each afternoon. The Teepee Bar is only about another 10 yards or so and you will be less than 30 yards from the pool.

I have a few photos of them taken from a Hoby Cat but have never learned to figure out how to post them to TA .

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Galley Bay

We stayed at the step up from that room but all the rooms were really nice and comfortable and the resort is amazing. We got married there and stayed for 9 nights and it was the most amazing trip we have ever taken. The staff at the hotel are very nice and the food is wonderful. The snorkeling is fantastic as well.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Galley Bay

Thanks everyone for your help. We were debating whether to upgrade to a Deluxe room but have decided to stay with the Superior as we like the idea of it being single storey. Our tour operator has advised us that this is a very quiet resort and has requested a room away from the facilities - fingers crossed!

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Galley Bay

2 things:

1] #s 11 - 16 Deluxe beach front ARE single storey. We've stayed in one or the other in each of the last 9 years.

2] You cannot get any closer to the facilities than the Superior rooms!! The next nearest is the 49-52 block of the 2 storey deluxe on the far side of the Sea Grape restaurant.

Clearly your tour operator has a limited knowledge of the resort. Just look at the map on the website and you will see what I mean.

10. Re: Galley Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:15