We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips

wales
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trips

I will be on holiday for two weeks in September at jolly beach resort and just wondering what the best trips to book, bearing in mind i can swim and the other half cant!!. We only want to do one or two as we intend the holiday to be r&r. Many Thanks

St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
691 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips

You have already asked about the weather in September so have been warned that many businesses will be closed. The trip /tour organizers often use September to take a break or carry out maintenance so you will really have to wait until much closer to the date and then see what is available ( think Aberystwyth in January - but much much warmer ! ) . At least some of the businesses / restaurants etc make their decisions at the last minute. If you do plan anything it will be wise to ring on the day itself or the day before and check if it will be operating/ open the next day. In September I have arrived at a restaurant at 7.30 ( supposed to be open that evening ) to find they decided to close at 7.00pm because there were no signs of any/enough customers that night.

Although it will be very quiet it is worth taking a look at Nelson's Dockyard. It is pretty and the buildings from 1780s have been restored. There will be none of the yachts which moor there in the main winter season so most businesses will be locked up but you should find at least one restaurant open ( they take it in turns so somewhere is open). Combine the visit to Nelson's Dockyard with the Sunday night sunset party at Shirley Heights - fantastic views out to sea and Dockyard below (if weather is kind) with some steel drum(pan) music and a b-b-q. The taxi journey will take you along the coast and over the hills along Fig Tree drive showing you some of the prettier parts of the island.

Otherwise r and r is going to be your best bet - and keep your fingers crossed for the weather !

sussex
Level Contributor
479 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips

Two trips I would go for Creole lobster cruise(they have a website) and the other get marytaxitours@yahoo.com to take you on a Island tour

We have been to Antigua 14 times and 15th deposit booked..Creole cruise we go on three or four times!and always get Mary! Have a great trip!

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips

For me the answer to this question is always the same, the high speed catamaran trip to Antigua's sister island, Barbuda will be the highlight of your trip! I just posted on another thread describing the excursion in great detail, so please see what I had to say there. When you see Barbuda, you'll know why the late Princess Diana vacationed there so frequently. In 2011 they renamed a beach in her honor; it's where they'll anchor for you to go snorkeling in gin clear water.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147242-i225-k7371…

Happy Planning! ;~>

Edited: 15 April 2014, 20:16
4. Re: Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 07:15