We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turner's Beach/ Johnson's point access?

London
Level Contributor
545 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Turner's Beach/ Johnson's point access?

May sound like a silly question, but if we just want to go snorkelling/swimming and not eat at Turners, is there access to the beach? Drove up on Monday and gates closed and couldn't see a way down to the beach on foot?!

Also, any other good snorkel spots from shore along the west or south coasts?

Thanks

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turner's Beach/ Johnson's point access?

You should be able to get onto the beach by Keyonna, or further north by OJs.

There's a bit of snorkelling at the northern end of Darkwood (by the flat rocks). Otherwise, Galleon beach, Deep Bay, Pigeon (by Bumpkins) and the obvious, head over to Long Bay or Half Moon.

London
Level Contributor
545 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turner's Beach/ Johnson's point access?

Many thanks MizGeorge

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
323 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turner's Beach/ Johnson's point access?

So is the snorkelling good by Keyonna?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turner's Beach/ Johnson's point access?

No, sadly. For decent snorkelling, your really need to take a boat out to one of the offshore reefs - cades is only a few minutes boat ride away from Keyonna.

There's some off-beach spots listed in my post above, but the best bet is always to get offshore.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turner's Beach/ Johnson's point access?

Surprisingly, I've found decent snorkelling to the extreme left of Turners, close to the Turners beach bar, by the rocks. In fact, I saw a wide variety of fish, including a flatfish, tangs, a parrotfish, angelfish, wrasses, and even a baby barracuda! Also, the water to the extreme left is very clear, to the point where I could see the bottom quite clearly standing up to my neck in water!

6. Re: Turner's Beach/ Johnson's point access?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 06:16