We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

Exeter, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

Can anyone help!!!!!

My partner and I are getting married here next year :-)

Has anyone been to the verandah resort and spa in Antigua for there wedding recently?? And would you have any ideas or advice?

Our main issue is our reception meal, it's for 10 of us and finding out that what we were planning to have, which is a meal on rasta beach, is costing us double, as they seem to cater private settings for min 20 persons, so we will be charged for this, but food will be for just 10 of us :-(

Other options are dinning in the restaurants but our concerns on how private this can be. Reading a post on here from many years ago, someone said about a sml reception area, near the hideaway gezbo , which is were we want to have our ceremony. Has anyone done this??

Would be soooooo grateful on any advice.

Jules x

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

Why not leave the resort for your wedding meal? Long Bay is within walking distance and La Targaruga would do a fabulous 'special' meal - or have something more informal at Mama Pasta. I realise it's nice to be able to take advantage of the all inclusive deal - but if you're going to have to pay extra, why not have better food as well?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

Think this would come down to personal choice. Mine probably would be one of the restaurants at the verandah, they are quite intimate and I'm sure the staff will really look after you. Rasta beach, is basically a small cove of white sand..... Lots of sea weed in the water so not especially good for paddling or swimming.

But the advantage is, that is quiet and would make for a secluded setting. I had my photo taken under a very pretty wedding gazebo and the photo is lovely.

When is your wedding....? I'm just thinking of tropical showers....

Or you could take up mizgeorge suggestions..... I wonder if you could email the owners or check out a web site?

Exeter, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

Hi guys thanks for your suggestions :-) and def got me thinking.

I think a restaurant outside the resort maybe something we would rather not do as we have a sml child as part of the group, and feel the parents would want it to be as comfortable as possible, staying in the resort will be easier.

We are getting married in April, so I believe their will be no worries there.

ppmaiden you say that the resturants quite intimate, are the tables fairly spread out from each other??? And is there somewhere you could see us sitting???

Do you know of this reception area near the hideaway gezbo???

X

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

Hi Jules...

I think it wise to email the verandah and they may possibly be able to attach photos of the restaurants to give you a better idea. Let me know if you don't have it/can't find it and I'll do my best to search for you.... the tables are a decent distance away from each other, intimate and romantic in a dark wood sort of way....in one corner, there was a guy playing a guitar to add to the ambiance.... If I remember rightly....

The staff were very attentive - just the right level of service without being in your face. For a wedding party, you may have sole use of one of the restaurants. The other one maybe used for normal guests. Again, the hotel will confirm. The restaurants open on alternative nights.... The buffet is open daily.

There was a gazebo in a gardened area with lovely views over looking the sea. Could have been the one your referring to?

But I didn't go close enough to see any details sorry.

We renewed our wedding vows a couple of years ago in st Lucia. So I understand your anxiety and wish for perfection. Most of our planning was done by email and when we arrived, had a meeting the next day, with the wedding planner who confirmed all the details. Simple as that.

Antiguas is a beautiful destination for a wedding and I'm sure the verandah will be perfect.

Exeter, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

Hi ppmaiden,

Thank you for your help so far.

Something has stood out from your reply and that is that you renewed your wedding plans in St Luica.

Would you be kind to tell me about your day, the island and your overall thoughts.

This would be a great help for us at this time :-)

Jules xx

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

Hi Jules

Will send you a pm tomorrow as st Lucia's a bit off subject and I can hopefully give you more info....

Exeter, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

That would be great. :-)

Thank you xxx

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

Hi

I haven't forgotten my promise, but my ipad won't let me type for some strange reason, the type bar keeps jumping about as I type.

Annoying.... But Will attempt again as able.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

I have to agree with Mizgeorge. Also please note that the various restaurants within Verandah are all basically in the same building. My experience has also been that their food is very pedestrian, so if you'd like something very special they really don't have a chef on staff who can do that kind of thing.

I'm still amazed at the several meals I've had there where they served tinned fruits. On an island that has the properly famous Antiguan Black Pineapple (as well as so many other good local fruits----mango, bananas, paw-paw, etc), there is no excuse to serve guests Dole-brand fruit out of a tin!

Allentown...
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding at the verandah resort and spa antiqua

Hi. We have been to this resort once or twice a year since it opened. My advice if you want privacy is to have your reception at Nicole's on a night that that it is closed for dinner. This will be the most private venue. Best wishes for a wonderful wedding!