We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rates

s glos
Level Contributor
105 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange rates

Anyone know the current exchange rate for US dollars from sterling in banks at present in antigua we usually get a better rate while we are there ! I need a fair bit for a room upgrade ! Thanks

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange rates

You can't buy US directly from sterling. Either pay in Sterling or EC, or put it on a credit/debit card.

s glos
Level Contributor
105 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange rates

Yes we always do. In cash but I want to know the actual rate to see if it is better there than here thanks

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange rates

There is no rate because you're not allowed to make the transaction. You would have to exchange to EC first anyway.

The EC dollar is pegged to the US, with the sell rate at a fraction over 2.7.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange rates

They don't give a rate for US to GBP. As per mizgeorge. However ECD is tied to the USD. So in effect the rate of exchange would be better in Antigua BUT it will be in ECD.

Regards

Mark

St. Catharines...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange rates

I will becoming to Antigua soon. I will be using a Canadian gift card for some of my purchases. Just wondering if gift card will work there and what is the exchange rate on it down there.

Thanks Sandee

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange rates

If it has a visa or mastercard symbol, it should be fine to use. The rate will be either in USD (if prices are shown that way) or if in EC Dollars just divide by 2.7 to get the US rate. Obviously, it will then be whatever the rate on the day is between US and Canadian dollars.

7. Re: Exchange rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2016, 07:17