We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family vacation

San Diego...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
family vacation

We have been going to the Windjammer resort in St Lucia for the past 3 years, and while we love the resort we would like to try something new... We will be traveling with 4 adults and 2 children ages 6 and 8. Really want luxury without the super high luxury price tag... We have stayed in the Hibiscus units at Windjammer and loved the proximity to the beach and nearly private pool....So.. Here is what we love and are hoping to find.

1. We do not like a mandatory all inclusive meal plan.. At Windjammer (which is an all inclusive resort) We were able to utilize a non all inclusive fee and the ability to purchase meals at the resort and sample some of the local restaurants in the area.. We would consider an all inclusive resort (if we had at least a small kitchen and the food was truly amazing). I do have to say that the adults are really foodies and I, myself, have found the all inclusive resorts I have visited to be passable at best. Would like a 3 bedroom unit but 2 bedroom would be fine if fold out in the living room.

2. We would like a kid's club and competent babysitting when needed... also would appreciate a friendly staff..

3. Beautiful sandy beach with calm water and many water sports included

4. Paid excursions available

I know this is a tall order but would like some input.. We will be traveling in mid to late March.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thank you 3284

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family vacation

Carlisle Bay would be the best choice for your needs, maybe price could be a deciding factor though.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family vacation

Thank you so much for your response.. Will look into Carlisle Bay

3. Re: family vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Antigua
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor