We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DuBarrys

Toronto
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
DuBarrys

Does anybody know if DuBarry's restaurant is still around or where it is located?

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DuBarrys

Gosh, now there's a name from the past. I think it was on Fort Road, on the left as one headed out of town. I seem to remember it was connected with a hotel.

I honestly can't recall if it is still there....I can certainly say that I never hear of anyone going there anymore. I am not on the island right now; perhaps someone who is (Munmun or Hya) knows the answer for sure.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DuBarrys

Hi

It isnt somewhere I know but it does appear in the 2006 phone book so you could give them a call:

001 268 462 4063

001 268 462 1055

and you are right the adress in the book says Fort Rd

Toronto
Level Contributor
971 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DuBarrys

cessnapilot & munmunmun...thnx for the replies...yeah...it's obviously been a while since we have been to the island and the British chap that owned DuBarry's was real nice to us when we were there. Food was pretty good also. I shall give them a call when we are there in January & see if they are still in biz. We decided on the Jolly Beach vs Blue Heron and am looking forward to a great holiday. We had originally booked Aruba (Tamarijn) , paid for it and then the Tour Operator went & cancelled our return trip, wanted us to return 2 days earlier & were only prepared to offer us a minimal credit. In hindsight...don't know how we missed Jolly Beach as it appears to offer more than the Tam ie swim up bar, decent pool, nicer rooms etc.

4. Re: DuBarrys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 17:18