We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

unique Antiguan product's for gift's.

Toronto
Level Contributor
348 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
unique Antiguan product's for gift's.

Greeting's to all!

Thank's to everyone's input on this forum,Mom is spending her second week at the PBR and enjoying herself very much.All is very well,and the question's are now being asked again,what would we like from the island as gift's.No Tshirt's,carving's,we have enough.

What is the name of the finest rum made in Antigua?I believe I have tried Royal Antiguan 5yr old,was ok, is there better?

And is there any Antiguan grown coffee?Or any other home grown products that we would enjoy that are not available in Canada.She got some pure vanilla in Mexico that she brought us,was very inexpensive there,very dear here.

Input would be much appreciated,she is leaving this weekend to come home,shopping day's are few!

Cheer's to all!

Thank's,Best regard's mamasboy

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: unique Antiguan product's for gift's.

Hi

No coffee grown here Im afraid. Lots of rum, my favorite is English Harbour Rum, the aged 10 year one is good. What about some Suzies Hot Sauce, made here and very spicy.

Best wishes - Mun

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: unique Antiguan product's for gift's.

Another vote for Suzie's Hot Sauce. Try the Pineapple Pleasure. That's a big hit with our friends. I cheated last time and ordered it online from suzie's website and got it delivered home, or I would have had to lug 2 dozen bottles home. LOL.

Toronto
Level Contributor
348 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: unique Antiguan product's for gift's.

Mun,I love pepper sauce! I may have 25 variety's or so in my fridge presently, not one from Antigua.

Would she have to venture far out of the PBR to get some sauce and rum?Should she speak to someone in the hotel?

Cheer's,mamasboy

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: unique Antiguan product's for gift's.

Hi

Not sure if its available at the airport, if not a trip to Crabhole in Falmouth or the Epicurian should get it, or, just chat to a helpful soul at PBR ,or. maybe Terry knows where close by?

Best wishes - Mun

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: unique Antiguan product's for gift's.

I also like the jams and other condiments (hot pickles and such) made by Sister Glo's.

6. Re: unique Antiguan product's for gift's.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 15:18