We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

Alloway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
40 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

Pink Panther Tour

Included stops at Devil’s Bridge, Betty’s Hope, a drive through the Rainforest, drive past historic churches. Then we hit the coastline and mountains with stops of gorgeous views including the historic military Blockhouse and Shirley Heights where you can see the entire English Harbour, Dickenson Bay and Nelson’s Dockyard. We learned of the weekly Sunday Island party that happens with visitors and locals every Sunday evening at Shirley Heights. (we didn’t make it up there our Sunday night there) We then headed into Nelson’s Dockyard and got a walking historical tour and some free time. Lunch was at a cool restaurant on the coast “Papa’s by the Sea” with a wonderful view of the water. Next up was a beach and beach bar stop where we had the local Antiguan beer Wadadli Beer and Rum Punch we drove through crowded ship cruise town St John’s on our way back to our resort. We also got a glimpse of the Pineapple Beach Club, a sister hotel to our resort. It was a full day and a beautiful island. Our tour guide was actually part manager for the Pink Panther Jeep tour and I felt like we were on a time share presentation or a real estate tour. Two girls had called out that day. I have to give her credit for rolling up her sleeves and taking the guide job but she was such a social climber, gold digger. She even had to say she was worth “3 million dollars”, Not to mention the fact that this chick decides to flirt with my husband. She made the remark that if we stopped to visit one of the churches we passed she would “Burst into Flames!”. I laughed but I believe she would! When we stopped at Shirley Heights she said she couldn't go in because she had promised all the vendors t shirts and she didn’t have any….Her coworker really did know the island and gave some good insider stories and tips but you could tell who signed her paycheck. All in all, the island and it’s beauty saved this excursion from being a total disaster. I DO NOT recommend the PINK PANTHER TOUR. They say they empower women…get real!…..Go with the local Elmo and Luxury Safari Antigua or another high rated tour on trip advisor.

26 replies to this topic
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

Interesting review. We took the Pink Panther Tour out of the St James Club, a sister property, and were thrilled with the quality. Our guides continually educated us, but in a fun and easy going manner. Totally professional. We couldn't have asked for a better day or tour.

Alloway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
40 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

I'm very glad to hear that. Since you stayed at the St James Club you know that Elite Resorts owns and runs the Pink Panther Tour and that is why it is endorsed at the concierge. You would have to SPECIFICALLY ask for another tour if you don't want the Pink Panther Tour which was one of the points I was trying to get across. Our tour crossed the line away from professionalism in a couple of instances that I previously described. I work hard all year and enjoy my travels (as you can see from my world travels and reviews here onTripAdvisor. )To spend hard earned money to listen to real estate pitches, how much someone is worth and to watch this manager talk to my husband, put her finger in her mouth and lick it is beyond reasonable! He behaved himself. She did not and I was captive in the back seat of this Jeep. I absolutely hope that this review was read, and discussed and that maybe, just maybe someone realizes the pen is way mightier than the sword, or the finger or whatever the case may be. I DO NOT recommend the Pink Panther Tour. Glad your excursion was pleasant and uneventful!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

Shocked by your attack on this company. From what I know they are a good company who run excellent tours and have happy customers. Your outburst because you thought one employee did (or did not) make stupid comments and 'come on' to your husband was ridiculous and did not merit you coming out saying "Don't take the Pink Panther Tour". DAFT!

Alloway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
40 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

Craven,

I suppose I should apologize for even considering that my experience with this customer service tour company was less than spectacular. Sorry, you got the wrong girl, I call it like I see it. So glad you had a good experience with them. I did not and this venue is where I can advise others. This has been written after contemplating it for several months. This is a conscientious complaint, not an outburst, and once again my recommendation is for people not to take this tour but others available on the beautiful island of Antigua who just might appreciate it more and have their priorities straight.

Colchester
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

Thank you for posting this review.

We are staying in Antigua at the moment and looking for a tour to book. I'm with you on this, there are lines that shouldn't be crossed in customer service without checking with your customers.

I'm surprised the person in question hasn't replied with an apology, which was what I would have expected to see and would have helped future customers (like myself) have a better opinion of the company.

Meanwhile, we will book another with another company. Shame as they are based at our hotel too.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

We took the Pink Panther Tour from St James Club and had a fantastic day! Donna was our tour guide. She was delightful and knows a lot about Antiqua. We recommend them.

Stourbridge,UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

I went on the tour with the girls from Pink Panther and thoroughly enjoyed my day. There were about 14 of us in 2 Land Rovers and all of us were happy with both the guide and the driver. We were given plenty of time at the stopping places and our guide was knowledgeable and helpful. Lunch was excellent and the beach stop was welcome. Altogether a good way of seeing a fair bit of Antigua.

Franklin Ohio
Level Contributor
41 posts
637 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

i agree ... i have countless reviews and pics and all is well as long as it's positive but the few times i wasn't pleased i was offended at all the negative responses ... if we all love every place and thing .. then no need to review anything.

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

Totally disagree,, We just The pinks safari tour and it was absolutely great ! The young lady who narrated and provided us with historical information was very knowledgeable, polite, and had a great sense of humor. We visited former sugar plantation, Devils Bridge, Shirley Heights, and more. we spent time at a beautiful beach and had a very nice lunch . It is sad to see people diss these hard working women because they work tirelessly and deserve more than that!

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don't take the Pink Panther Tour

We too had a very positive e perience on this safari!,

Reply to: Don't take the Pink Panther Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. John's