We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

We are thinking of visiting Antiqua next summer. We would possibly stay at Jolly Beach suites. I was wonderin if anyone can comment on the dresscode in Antigua restaurants. I have three tennagers, 2 boys and a girl. My husband and 2 sons prefer to wear dress shorts and collared shirt while on vacation to dinner. Will this be a problem at all restaurants in Antigua or would it be okay?

alexandria, va.
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

that is mostly what i wear, although there are a couple that won't care for that, they will prefer long pants, i have found that long pants aren't a bad thing either, the later it gets the more your likely to encounter mosquitos, be shore to bring some spray, enjoy

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

Decided against Barbados then Jen?

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

There are a few places that require gentlemen to wear long pants after 6:00. There is only one place on the island (that I can think of) that requires jackets and ties, and it's not a place that tourists frequent (actually, most islanders don't frequent it either!).

The boys and your husband will be fine virtually everywhere with their shorts and golf shirts. If there is a place you are concerned about, just call ahead-----but even Le Bistro, which is considered one of the finest restaurants on the island, is fine with men in shorts.

Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

"cessnapilot".............

I, somewhat, disagree with your "Le Bistro" assertion that it ..."is considered one of the finest restaurants on the island." Perahps, by the majority? This is, of course, as 'subjective' as resort views and opinions go as well.

No offense intended ...but, while 99.44% of those who dine ( or have dined ) there may agree with you ....... Judy & I would be part of the .56% of the "odds" that would beg to differ.

My wife is fairly adamant about this topic and my own opinion is not that far astray from her own.

Food photos, service timelines. and virturally a myriad of other data ..... we have at "the ready" for anyone who would care to email us privately.

Sorry about my post, "jenndk" ........... I guess my wife and I just had a "button pushed" that we would have rather NOT have had depressed.

Such is life but this issue should not deter you from visiting ANU next year,

Cheers

alexandria, va.
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

LeBistro is a topic that can be discussed in past tense, word is that it has CLOSED, they couldn't find a buyer and just shut it down, enjoy

Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

Hey JTD How are you. We haven't decided against Barbados . We want to visit all the Caribbean islands (who doesn't). I was always interested in Antigua. Just discovered Jolly Beach Vacations. Offers a 2 BR suite on Jolly Beach. Can have the luxery of a condo, which is great with the five of us and still enjoy all the ammenities of a resort type of vacation at Jolly Beach Resort. Just another place to consider I guess. Either way we will get to both Barbados and Antigua. One in 2008 the other in 2009. Not to bad.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

Hi Jen:- the beaches are better in Antigua ,there is not so much nightlife & most of that is hotel based ,a much more "laid back" island ,not better nor worse just different!

Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

JTD:As far as shopping like for jewelry etc. How do the towns compare in Barbados & Antigua? Would you consider both islands to be equally safe? I would imagine Barbados has more things to do at night, like in The Gap, I would think. Which do you prefer and why? Thanks Jen

Calverton, New York
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

JTD-another question: We were considering staying at Accra in Barbados. Does the water there get really rough? I don't mind smallish waves, but if there is a strong undertow or waves that are really big it would be not so great. Thanks Jen

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress Code Restaurants In Antiqua

To Rick1485 and others:

I just talked to Philippa (owner of Le Bistro) and she said they will be closed most of September but open after that.

Get answers to your questions about St. John's