We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping at Veranda Resort and Spa

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping at Veranda Resort and Spa

Can any recent visitors to this resort advise on whether tipping is expected or discouraged.

Thanks very much!

Winnipeg, MB CAN
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping at Veranda Resort and Spa

I stayed in December. I have to admit that I didn't, and I didn't see anyone else tip either. If you decide to go to Nicole's, I did leave an extra $20 US with the $25 fee.

I also left money on the dresser when I checked out, as the ladies cleaning the room daily do such a great job, and it was very nice to come back after a day of outtings, to a clean and tidy suite.

Edited: 02 February 2010, 19:43
Ottawa
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping at Veranda Resort and Spa

Thanks, as an ex-Winnipeger myself I appreciate advice from someone who really understands winter. We are going with AC Vacations and I understand there will be no surcharge for Nicoles. Hope I am right.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping at Veranda Resort and Spa

My husband and I were at The Verandah last August and, although a tip was not expected, we tipped the cleaning, bar and watersports staff for great service! We didn't notice anyone else tipping, though.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping at Veranda Resort and Spa

I don't stay at Verandah, but I do occasionally tip the waterfront staff if they are vigilant about reminding guests not to take kayaks or sailboats inside the buoys of the residents across Dian Bay. Under Antiguan law (since they are not beach-front) most of these private homes have property lines that are actually in the water of the bay and have put buoys to deliniate them.

The neighbors of Verandah value their privacy and appreciate it when Verandah's waterfront staff remembers to mention this to the guests!

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tipping at Veranda Resort and Spa

I stayed at the Verandah Sept 09 had a fantastic time! As far as tipping goes, we tipped who we thought deserved it at the end of hols. We had fantatic treatment throughout the holiday. Hope this helps.

Ontario
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tipping at Veranda Resort and Spa

We were just here a few weeks ago...although it was not expected we always left a tip. We always left a tip for the housekeeping everyday, bar staff, shuttle drivers, watersports staff, and for the servers in the buffet. We felt that everyone works so hard and that we appreciate them taking care of us every day. They definately do not expect a tip (unlike other places we have visited, where it was expected). We never saw anyone else leave a tip so it is ultimately up to you.

7. Re: Tipping at Veranda Resort and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about St. John's