We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Lunch options around the island -- Mid-Feb 2010

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ, USA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Best Lunch options around the island -- Mid-Feb 2010

We are leaving 2/14/'10 for our first visit to Antigua and have been reading on this forum accumulating great ideas.

Although we will stay in Sandals for 7 days, we'd like to drive around the Island and stop by for lunches during the day. We are open for any type of places, from grab a bite along the way and eat at a beach to sit down in a nice restaurant, as long as the food is freash and great. Although we will rent a car, we'd prefer the lunch places to be close to where you will normally go as a first time visitor to maximize the time saving. Would highly appreciate your advises for 4-5 lunch places / lunch ideas.

Thank you.

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Lunch options around the island -- Mid-Feb 2010

Catherine's (on the slipway in English Harbour) serves wonderful French food in a gorgeous setting at the harbour entrance.

Another good choice for fabulous food is Cecilia's, on Dutchman Bay.

My favourite toes-in-the-sand-cheeseburger-in-paradise is at OJ's in St. Mary's (the fish and lobster there are also very good). Near OJ's are several other good choices, including Dennis's (very casual, beautiful views), and Gibson's.

Edited: 02 February 2010, 22:59
Fallston, MD
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Lunch options around the island -- Mid-Feb 2010

I'll second the OJ's suggestion. Great Red Snapper and other food at very reasonable prices. Open 7 days a week until late at night.

Cheers,

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Lunch options around the island -- Mid-Feb 2010

Gibson's and La Mia Cucina are my two favourites.I just tried Carmichaels at Sugar Ridge on Saturday, and it was excellent as well.

Regards

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Lunch options around the island -- Mid-Feb 2010

I should have mentioned that Catherine's is closed Tuesdays, and Cecilia's is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

OJ's is open 7 days. Dennis's is closed Mondays, and Gibson's is closed Mondays and Tuesdays.

NJ, USA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Lunch options around the island -- Mid-Feb 2010

Thank you all for sharing. Looks like we will have many choices.

Cessnapilot, thanks for being so thorough. It saved us some puzzles.

6. Re: Best Lunch options around the island -- Mid-Feb 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about St. John's